Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon have a TV screen in my dash. But as I looked around the cabin of the ol' G, I realized that I don't have a freakin clue where to put the PS2! Need some help here.

JP

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Nis.k.a just put it on the floor behind the driver on his G20.

When I moved all my stuff home for spring break I brought my ps2 down to the car and played with differnet locations. A place that would work and would be really cool is the passenger airbag location. All molded in under the airbag door. Pop it open and there it is. This would required the removal of the airbag which I don't really recomend but that is all I can come up with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a P11 so I'm not sure if this would work for a P10. Mount it under the passenger seat. I have my CD changer there...(thats where they put it stock) but that obviously worldn't work out if you already have a changer there. Other than that I really have no idea...I'll think about it more and if I come up with anything I'll let you know

Jim

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Yeah if you took the airbag out you could use that space and the glove box to mount a huge tv screen right there and fit your ps2 underneath. You might have to angle it so the driver could see well but then again you probably wont need to play while your driving anyway. Unless of course you want to steer the car with the ps2controller...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had my dreamcast mounted on top of the hump right in the middle on the floor of the back seats. Worked out sweet, it was black to so it blended in. The wires ran under the driver and passenger seats and the controllers were in the small compartment near the stock cupholders.

It is possible to mount in the glove box, but not without some custom work. No system fits inside their, thus custom work must be done.

I would recommend placing your system in your trunk. You could easily run the wires to the front, through the headliners and all. Many people do this. I might do this later on, but right now im just running a tv tuner which is mounted under glove box (can't see it!) and the tv is in the passenger visor. VERY CLEAN JOB, no visible wires anywhere!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i've been playing around with a setup in my 92 and i've tried behind the drivers seat, under passenger side (doesn't fit) in the trunk (pain to get out and change cd's everytime) so i don't really know where to put it right now... someone put up some suggestions

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
jbloggs_c said:
Yeah if you took the airbag out you could use that space and the glove box to mount a huge tv screen right there and fit your ps2 underneath. You might have to angle it so the driver could see well but then again you probably wont need to play while your driving anyway. Unless of course you want to steer the car with the ps2controller...

Umm....taking out the airbag is a probably not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have seen them alot of places in alot of different cars. The back seat armrest can be an option. Make a new armrest that houses te Ps2. Most of the things i'm talking about are gonna require custom modifacations. Which look the best. In the glove box. That's where I would put it, easy access. underneath the passenger seat facing forward. Put it undearneth the shifter on the floor, and make the carpeting going around the ps2. You just got to be creattive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts