Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure as to which CAI i should get...

I know Hotshot makes cold air intakes but the HS CAI requires some modding for installation and i'm not sure if I want to go through all that trouble

Then I heard that Stillen also makes a CAI but I haven't found any information on it at all

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G20Turbo said:
i'm not sure as to which CAI i should get...

I know Hotshot makes cold air intakes but the HS CAI requires some modding for installation and i'm not sure if I want to go through all that trouble

Then I heard that Stillen also makes a CAI but I haven't found any information on it at all
All CAI's require the same cutting.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Get the HotShot.

The Stillen is only a cold air extension. It goes from your MAF down to the filter. The HS CAI also comes with a pipe to replace the rubber tube from your throttle body to the other side of the MAF. ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sorry dumb question, but what does MAF stand for. Also what about BTW. No clue what that means when people say that.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
thanks alot. i know it was a dumb question sorry.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
What about the place racing CAI? Any thoughts/opinions?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
What about the place racing CAI? Any thoughts/opinions?
It's pretty good too. I think they are basicly the same.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
As far as power goes they are pretty much identical. The only real difference is looks, as you can get the HS unit polished(chrome look).

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Speaking of intakes

J. Steeves I noticed you had an AEM intake posted on the se-r.net classifieds. Do you still have it any pics? How does that work?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Speaking of intakes

GTA_G20 said:
J. Steeves I noticed you had an AEM intake posted on the se-r.net classifieds. Do you still have it any pics? How does that work?
It's for a B14 Sentra. It's pretty tailored for the Sentra. It won't fit the P11 and I doubt it will fit the P10. :-\

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm the "other" P10 guy in my local SERCA and the AEM for highport will work if you've got the ballz to make it work.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Hey...

Go with the HotShot CAI. It's been dynoe'd with excellent results... if I recall, a nice 8 HP increase... and you get even more power if you get the header...
The Place Racing one is about as good... but all the installations are the same and require an enlargement of the hole by the battery into the wheel well...

... that didn't sound too kosher... :paranoid:

·
Registered
645 Posts
you couls also get a good deal on hs cai - there was a group buy in the classifieds not too long ago you could probably join it still :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay guys stop post whoring!!! lol check the date of this post and the other one that I mentioned about exhausts! I have since bought an HS CAI and I am happy with it. I've done a couple of extra's too. Stop replying to this thread and making me sound like such a newbie :*( ..... I posted this a year ago when I was just a rice boy...lol... I'll be taking pics soon now that I got my digi cam YEA!

peace

·
Registered
221 Posts
Damn your right I responded to another post Casey made and about how the thread was ayear old some one needs to let him now if its a year old leave it be

1 - 20 of 20 Posts