Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about the tackle 91' intake cam swap and I've read every post on SR20forums, JWT and here. I'm pretty sure I have the technique down, I simply haven't read any info on which cam is which. The FSM only refers to them as LH and RH. Can someone help me is the intake the one that attaches to the distributor, or the one that does not? Thanks for any help. I'll be taking a lot of pics and doing a full write up as well.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
one toward the front of the car is the exhaust and the one closest to the firewall is the intake. so the exhaust cam is the one with the distributor attached to it

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're not even sure which cam is the intake cam, are you sure you're prepared to do the swap? It's not simply removing the cam, the bolts have to come out in a certain sequence, or it'll pop up and may strip out the head. You've also got to be careful retiming the motor when you're finished. Otherwise, you're going to end up with a dead G, and nobody here wants to see that happen :)

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
^heh. thats not right

·
Super Moderator
15,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I don't take the above comments personally, but I've decided to wait on the cam install, and like you guys said this is probably over my head. So I'm gonna wait for a buddy of mine to help when he gets back from Iraq. Thanks for the warning and talking some sense into me. Now that I think about it I can't believe that it didn't occur to me that the Intake cam would be next to the intake and the exhaust cam would be on the side with the exhaust. Well I'll stick to fixing computers until I get some more experience under my belt. Anyways thanks again.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
GreenG20t said:
Well I don't take the above comments personally, but I've decided to wait on the cam install, and like you guys said this is probably over my head. So I'm gonna wait for a buddy of mine to help when he gets back from Iraq. Thanks for the warning and talking some sense into me. Now that I think about it I can't believe that it didn't occur to me that the Intake cam would be next to the intake and the exhaust cam would be on the side with the exhaust. Well I'll stick to fixing computers until I get some more experience under my belt. Anyways thanks again.
Always good to have someone with experience and knowledge around to help you out so nothing goes wrong. I've good a good bit of experience myself, but I still get some of my buddies to come over whenever I tackle a big project, especially if I've never done it before. I'm glad you decided to wait it out, I'm sure it'll be worth it once it's done. Have you looked into the Crower or JWT cams? If you're going through all the trouble of replacing them, I'd spend a bit of extra money and swap in some good performance cams :teeth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts