Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm thinkign about getting another mod after my suspension gets here:lol: . But i don't know which to do first.
either
JWT S3 cams or
Greddy MX catback exhaust
What would you guys do?
Also if i get the s3 cams and run them without the JWT upgraded ECU am i going to have a problem idleing (sp)?
Granted these are the only other two mods i am going to do before ordering a DET or DET setup so i ask which one first?

HERES my other mods:
Hotshot Header
Hotshot CAI
ACT Clutch
Primera 10:1 motor

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Blue93G20 said:
Ok so i'm thinkign about getting another mod after my suspension gets here:lol: . But i don't know which to do first.
either
JWT S3 cams or
Greddy MX catback exhaust
What would you guys do?
Also if i get the s3 cams and run them without the JWT upgraded ECU am i going to have a problem idleing (sp)?
Granted these are the only other two mods i am going to do before ordering a DET or DET setup so i ask which one first?

HERES my other mods:
Hotshot Header
Hotshot CAI
ACT Clutch
Primera 10:1 motor
If you're gonna go turbo don't waste your time with the exhaust, you'll want to get a 3" exhaust made up with the turbo setup anyways. I'd get the cams, they'll help your car now, and a lot once you get the turbo too. The exhaust will work now, but once you go turbo, it'll be a restriction.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was debating. Becuause turbo with 2.36 inch exhaust is kinda small, any other opinions?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There's some general rule for how big an exhaust has to be; factors include turbo/not turbo, size of engine, etc. Basically, I'd stick with Justin P10s idea, because it still lets you upgrade further without having to replace a "inadequate" upgrade that you did earlier. Change the exhaust when you have an actual turbo.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats what i was thinking.

Does anyone know how bad the idle will be without the JWT reprogrammed ECU?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jayntguru said:
Your car will purr like a kitten. The idle is a tiny bit lopy, but it's just fine.

Thats without the JWT ecu correct. Thanks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks for the info. Did you do the exhaust before or after the cams? I think i'm gonna get the cams enjoy them and then save for turbo becuase these cams are supposed to own with turbo.:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Every car i've been in with s3's, except one, have all had a nice idle, really close to stock. Unless you knew what you were looking for, I think most people wouldn't even notice it. I've been in cars with stock cams that have had a worse idle (due to something being out of tune).

Also, if you do get them let me know. I'll help out with the install if you want. I know the exhaust cam can be a pita sometimes... We could maybe make a trip to Phoenix and install them up there, I know a lot of people up there who would most likely be willing to help out too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that would be cool. I'll be game if you want to help. Maybe we could go to pheonix, not sure though i might just do them at my house to save time. But once i get my suspension and sell my old stuff (intrax and hopefully new Kyb GR-2s) i'm gonna order some from somewhere.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
then its settled cams all aroung, ohhh wait just for me. HEHEHE:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts