Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 600w Kenwood amp powering a 750w (150w rms) Kenwood sub. I have a choice to replace this Kenwood sub with a Rockford Fosgate Power HE which is 400w(200w rms).
The Kenwood hits pretty good, but doesnt hit low that well, has anyone gone with this RF sub before? Someone told me that it is better if you keep the same company name (like kenwood amp and kenwood sub), but Im not sure.

So which sub:

Kenwood

or

Rocford Fosgate

·
Registered
664 Posts
Kenwood subs are terrible. Well, at least for the price they are. Their top of the line dB+s don't perform like $200 subwoofers. They hit good, but not for $200.

As for Rockfords...I think they're overrated. But they produce that adam's apple shattering bass....seriously - they kick REAL hard. I'm not sure about the HE series, but the HX2 and Power series are nice when given loads of power. Rockford subwoofers need power, and unfortunately I don't think that your Kenwood amp will do the job.

I can't really recommend anything because I don't know your taste in bass, or how much you plan on spending. I am however, a HUGE fan of harmon-kardon equipment such as Infinity and JBL.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I am down with your answer, and I know that kenwood sucks, but thats the only thing I could get at the time. My Kenwood sub I know isnt all that great also, but it is bridged and running just 1 sub at around 300w rms. The rockford he is 200w rms, and I think the amp should hold it pretty well.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
check these subs out the HSW1202

www.hsuresearch.com

Read the review section, these subs dont need a lot of power to drive them

"The main limitation you'll have is keeping within the amplifier power rating of 250 W. The system resonance is 49 Hz and the minimum impedance is an amp-loving 6 ohms at 112 Hz."

Oh yeah, company name has nothing to do with it, its the quality of the components and the wire that gets the power to them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL, I could go on for days about all this stuff. If you are looking at buying a Rockford HE let me tell you a little about it. Since I used to sell them. They are louder than hell. But they are sloppy and tend to blow very quickly. For the same ball park you can get a JL 12W3 and it is VERY clean just as loud, and will last a hell of a lot longer.

Ricky

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK i was thinking about getting either 2JL 10W3 or just one 12W3. Which would be better. I don't need too much bass. Oh and this might sound stupid but are there any amps that glow or have neons built into them that are good amps? Where could I get them?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I hate Rockford but Kenwood is 10x worse so I'm going to say Rockford.:monster:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much does one JL 12W3 cost? One of my friends has one 12W0 and it hits good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts