Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 G20 with 70k miles. I have been unable to find the exact recommended plugs here in Mexico – even from main Nissan dealeship. I am told that the Champion, Double-platinum plugs (7071) RC12PYP are compatible. Does anyone have any (greatly appreciated) advice?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spark Plaugs

Thanks for the response Yahnozah, however, I can't find those plugs down here. I'm told that the Champion (7071) RC12PYP is compatible, but, the parts store just want to sell, they do care if it's the right pplug or not. I want to be sure before installing them. I have had no luck with a Google search on the web.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Re: Spark Plaugs

Gaz said:
Thanks for the response Yahnozah, however, I can't find those plugs down here. I'm told that the Champion (7071) RC12PYP is compatible, but, the parts store just want to sell, they do care if it's the right pplug or not. I want to be sure before installing them. I have had no luck with a Google search on the web.

I believe Texas is close to Mexico try Courtey Nissan.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/B13_tuneup.html

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas closeby!

Thanks for the response, poppy_morenito.

By road, Texas is about 2k miles from where I live – Yucatan Peninsula! Trying to get stuff mailed here is like wishfull thinking. Mexican Customs is like a black hole, unless it's something they don't want or can't use and then they'll charge you $50 for a $30 import!

However, a 3hr Google search, did reveal a comparision chart and the Champion plug is the right one. I just need to go and pay the guy $32 for four plugs that would cost me $16 in the U.S., and I'm all set to drive to Zihuatanejo next month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NGK...In a pinch use Bosch Platinum

Tried the Champions and completely fried the electrode in 2,000 miles...ran really rough. Tried the Bosch Platinums and they did OK for 15,000. NGK can run 50,000+ ...to bad it's not an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts