Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

please bear with me cos I'm not great with engines and stuff.

I'm switching over to castrol GTX Magnatec engine oil tomorrow and i just wondered if there was a particular type/mixture that i should be buying for my primera.

if anyone can help me out i would be greatful.

Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been working in the automotive field for the last 4 years and i have never heard of castrol making a line of oil called Magnatec. But then again I am in the U.S. I do on the other hand feel that castrol will be the only oil I will use for the rest of my life. This Magnitec stuff could be what they call there Syntec overthere. Which is Castrol's fully synthetic oil in the U.S. In my opinion, if it is fully synthetic and it is made by Castrol than it is a good oil. In fact, that is what my local Infiniti dealer uses when they change oil. As far as weight of the oil gose, I use 5w30 or 10w30 depending on the seasion. Or even 10w40 for a high mile engine with no mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nobody will ever have the same opinion on oil. but the fact of the matter is this: I had a 91 g20 that had 253000 miles on it when I sold it two years ago to my friend's brother in law. I don't know how many miles are on it now, but it is still running, even after the tragic front end crash. It was given to me by my Dad that bought it in 93 with 40000 on it and the only thing that went in it from 40000-253000 was castrol organic, and standard Fram filters. Now I have a 95 that I run castrol Syntec oil and K&N oil filters in.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Kev ,how's it goin man.I dont like magnetec i would go with mobil1 mate,i use 5w30 and when i e-mailed mobil they said this was the best grade of oil for the primera in the uk.Have you checked out the pics of my car yet mate.Look at my thread in the cosmetics section and you find a link to pics of my GT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts