Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the tubing kit w/a resonator and muffler is around 300 shipped and the catback is around 450 shipped with a muffler and resonator. after welding and such which do you think would cost less? since the tubing kit requires more welding i didnt know if that would just even out to the cost of the catback. anyone have experience with this or gotten a lot of welding done? also any of you guys wanna weld up my exhaust for me? im in maryland near bmore.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
the only problem i saw with people buying the piping kit was that because vrs didnt weld it together and just grabbed what parts they believed to be correct and sent it to you that sometimes people ended up with parts for other cars and wouldnt realize it till after. some would have to modify the kit a little and make it work, others had to send it back and forth. hope this helps any.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
bro get the tubing kit. The cost will be about the same, but you will have the ability to customize your setup for the same price. The muffler and resonator that VRS gives you is too small, your exhaust is gonna be loud, and its bound to drone on the freeway

VRS tubing kit - $150
Magnaflow resonator - $80 (shipped, ebay)
Magnaflow muffler - $90 (shipped, ebay)
Welding - $100-$125 (thats how much it cost me)

Total cost: ~$445

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i know about the small muffler and resonator but i talked to vrs and they said if i call in the order i can custom order larger ones they'll just bump up the price. i plan on getting atleast the muffler elsewhere cuz vrs doesnt seem to have the offset/offset muffler which is what the oem one is. btw i think im getting 2.25" even though eventually i may get cams.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Mautai916 said:
bro get the tubing kit. The cost will be about the same, but you will have the ability to customize your setup for the same price. The muffler and resonator that VRS gives you is too small, your exhaust is gonna be loud, and its bound to drone on the freeway

VRS tubing kit - $150
Magnaflow resonator - $80 (shipped, ebay)
Magnaflow muffler - $90 (shipped, ebay)
Welding - $100-$125 (thats how much it cost me)

Total cost: ~$445
listen to Martin, we both have the same set up and i am very happy with it. doesnt drone at all. it gave me a whole new car, and now the car just wants to spool up way faster.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone have the 2.5" with the largest resonator and magnaflow muffler? im still debating whether to get the 2.25 or 2.5. i think im gonna get cams eventually but im not sure but i dont wanna get the 2.5 if its gonna drone alot. wasnt sure if it still would even with the largest resonator and muffler.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Mufffler - # 12256 - $67.75
Resonator - # 10436 - $ $57-$59

Get them from Performance Peddler on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Peddler Like i said martin and myself have this and it works great. we both have 2.5 inches(from the ground hehe) piping.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SuperblkStalion said:
Mufffler - # 12256 - $67.75
Resonator - # 10436 - $ $57-$59

Get them from Performance Peddler on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Peddler Like i said martin and myself have this and it works great. we both have 2.5 inches(from the ground hehe) piping.
so how loud is it compared to 2.25?

·
Registered
224 Posts
you can buy what they call a j pipe it is 1 pipe with all the bends you need i had my 3inch exhaust made for under 200 you just cut and weld the only problem with my exhaust is that i can not get it off without cuting it because it was made pice by pice under the car i would just need 2 cut it in half im thinking about putting my car back to stock and would sell it for 150+shipping you would just need 2 get it welded back 2 one pice under the car

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mautai916 said:
if your gonna get 2.5 without cams i say its a waste and its gonna be loud..... Ge the 2.25, and even with cams down the road you'll be fine.
yea i dont want it to be too loud so maybe i should get 2.25. i still cant believe that 2.5 is that much louder but ill take your word for it. it would be nice if i could hear the difference.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i just ordered a 2.25" tubing kit and a magnaflow resonator & muffler.....ill let you guys know how it is when i put it on. does anyone remember how long it took for theirs to ship? i want it now!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
apoc987 said:
yea i know about the small muffler and resonator but i talked to vrs and they said if i call in the order i can custom order larger ones they'll just bump up the price. i plan on getting atleast the muffler elsewhere cuz vrs doesnt seem to have the offset/offset muffler which is what the oem one is. btw i think im getting 2.25" even though eventually i may get cams.
The piping kit is the way to go. Like junknstuff said though, its not going to be a straight slip together affair. I'm not even sure the piping kit I got was for a P10, but it was close enough that it was nothing a little cutting and welding didn't take care of. I used a Magnaflow 5x8 oval muffler 18" long center/offset, but the offset/offset muffler would have worked better for more clearance.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
apoc987 said:
well i just ordered a 2.25" tubing kit and a magnaflow resonator & muffler.....ill let you guys know how it is when i put it on. does anyone remember how long it took for theirs to ship? i want it now!!!
Do you order a Nissan kit or do they have one specifically for the p10? Also, did you go with ss or alumi? Im gonna order as soon as you get yours installed. Please let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hamzer11 said:
Do you order a Nissan kit or do they have one specifically for the p10? Also, did you go with ss or alumi? Im gonna order as soon as you get yours installed. Please let me know how it turns out.
they have one for the p10, not p11. heres the link
http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/INFINITI_TK/infiniti_tk.html

thats the tubing kit but you can also buy the cat back. i got aluminized steel. im in college now and IF i still have my car when i have enough money to just upgrade it then ill put ss on but i think since my stock exhaust lasted 13 years that aluminized will do just fine. especially since 8 of those years were spent much farther north. ill let you know how it turns out. the only thing i didnt get was a tip. ill probably get one later.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hamzer11 said:
Did you end up getting the muffler and resonator from them also? Also which muffler and which tip?
no i got the muffler and resonator from ebay from a place called performance peddler. it was like 15 cheaper so i was like eh what the hell. i got magnaflow part #12255 for the muffler and 10435 for the resonator. i didnt get a tip yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts