Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a Sparco steering wheel and was wondering which hub would work? Some people say any one designed for a Nissan like a 240sx will work and some say you have to find one in Japan. Can anyone confirm either of these answers? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
check with your dot

in cali it's a significant fine if you are caught with a steering wheel that has been altered. i think it's 2000 $. i think all cars 91 and over have driver's side airbags.

·
Registered
235 Posts
still need an answer...

I'm looking to buy a new steering wheel as well and I just wanted to know if anyone knows whether or not our G's share the same hub as other Nissans or is it specific to our model.

If anyone knows a part number, that would be great too.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Re: check with your dot

noG20rightnow said:
in cali it's a significant fine if you are caught with a steering wheel that has been altered. i think it's 2000 $.
:confused: WTF?!?!? $2000 just for changing a freaking steering wheel?!?:confused:
Man, Cali must have some REALLY anal lawmakers over there!:mad:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: check with your dot

1PhatG said:
I am in the process of buying a Sparco steering wheel and was wondering which hub would work? Some people say any one designed for a Nissan like a 240sx will work and some say you have to find one in Japan. Can anyone confirm either of these answers? Thanks
I'll try to check for the number on mine when I go home.

noG20rightnow said:
in cali it's a significant fine if you are caught with a steering wheel that has been altered. i think it's 2000 $. i think all cars 91 and over have driver's side airbags.
Nope, airbags came later.

Also, federal law allows the owner of a car to disarm and/or remove the airbag.

I suppose The People's Republic of California might have some law that can override a federal law, but that would be stupid. Wait, I'm talking about CA. Nevermind.

Check with SEMA.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Viet-G20: thanks - I'll check that out tommorow.

Geo: did you change your steering wheel as well? If so, what hub did you use?

Has anyone else changed their wheel??

·
Registered
235 Posts
cool....I found the hub, but it's gonna be two weeks before I get it.

It's from MOMO and the part # is 3510 (my G is a '91). I believe '93 to '96 is part # 3511, if anyone else is changing their wheel.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
California again...

NOTHING about California suprises me anymore...

What really boggles my mind is that they still sell Leaded Gasoline despite all their EPA junk and all those other rules..

Remember, you can't own a pet ferret in California either! ...much less a pet Monk parakeet (AKA Quaker parakeet).. some stupid law about them causing all sorts of damage to crops.. Yeah, sure, that is why all the other states have ZERO problems with them right?

-- sorry to go off on a tangent...

I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT WISCONSIN has any stupid laws about removing an airbag/steering wheel... This is the midwest afterall!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have a '92 G20 and haven't found a momo hub that will fit. where did you find the 3510 hub? i've looked and i haven't found it on any web site. thanks.

J-Bone
'92 G20 5spd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts