Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which one of you guys has the fastest (p11) g20?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Fast like...how? Drag races aren't the only tests of speed you know...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ment who has the fastest g20 here on g20.net

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I bet he means 1/4 mile time wise. I ran a 17.5 at Sears Point with a auto P11 but I bet I could hit high 16s if I had a good launch. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
i've taken my stock p10 to 115mph, but that's all i'm saying. Did it once, won't do it again. I'll probably get some shit for posting this, that's why i'll save you all the lectures and say now: i'm not particularly proud of it cuz it was illegal and stupid and dangerous. I got it in December and I wanted to test the limit cuz it was a new car for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
12 second 1/4...

I've got a front AND rear engined 95 G20 with SR20DET (4 wheel drive), both with NOS. 17x8 rims with shaved Kumho's.
11.9 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

...just fantasing, sorry...:tired:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
P10_G20_Kenny said:
i've taken my stock p10 to 115mph...i'll save you all the lectures and say now: i'm not particularly proud of it cuz it was illegal and stupid and dangerous...
Ooh you're stupid. Don't do illegal stuff like that. :evil:

Just kidding man. ;) I've actually buried the speedometer before. On was on a freeway going down a mountain. I saw a Highway Patrol car pass by me at very high speed. I saw him about a half mile ahead of me exiting. I just jammed on the accelerator after he was out of sight using the 10 second rule. :) The speedomeeter ends at 130, but I was probably over it by some.

I don't think there are many P11 owners with major speed mods. There are a few SR20DET ones out there though...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My personal best top speed was 120mph. I was heading down from the Friday night runs (free plug: www.sdstreetracing.com) !!! and I came across a tricked out yellow CRX with some really ricey exterior mods. I'm sure that 4-inch exhaust really helped him....lol my girl was in the car with me and she said, "ooh, race that guy" so we ran up the mph. I think the CRX topped out cuz eventually, the guy got smaller and smaller in the mirror. lol SR20DE !!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow!!!!!!!! i feel like the most illegal shit ever

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The fun's not in going high speed. It gets old after a while, as you start running up the chance of you getting caught by cops. The fun's in going fast where people don't expect you to be going fast...the TURNS.... n_n

·
Registered
62 Posts
i might be the biggest retard in the world but i got my 93.5 G up to 135mph in Vermont, then i saw a state trooper, an he saw me, kinda. He didn't even have enough time to radar me. He pulled out an put on the blues, pulled me over about a mile lata. He was really nice tho an only gave me a ticket for 90mph in a 65. No more speeding for me!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
BigJimSlade said:
Straight lines are boring. Find yourself some backroads and actually drive.
Or better yet, attend a driver education event (track event). There are a lot of groups that run them. Don't be afraid to attend a BMWCCA or PCA DE event. Most likely you'll get an excellent education and they will usually get you up to speed safely.

And you'll be able to drive quickly in a safe environment. You don't need a tricked out car to do it either. Last year at the SERCA convention I drove a near stock SE-R with worn dampers and cheap tires and it was still a blast to drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
NASA events are actually fairly affordable. You can go to a NASA driving school for around $250 for a weekend's worth of track thrashing, plus you don't have to worry about red and blues. Well worth it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
do you drive your car at these schools or do they supply a car?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
I'm still with the backroads idea. Nothing beats a mountain pass.
Except a 30' drop or a nice stand of trees.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts