Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old Man Brian
7,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought mine new in 1995 and sold to Joe in 2010. My p10 had 100,000 miles when I sold it.

·
Registered
20,891 Posts
That is incredible! In 2020, a 26 year old car with just 21,118km on it. That's great you found that one. What did you pay for it?
About $5k. I like it because it has a moonroof (rare in Japan), and literally everything works perfectly cause it is still brand new.

·
Registered
227 Posts
212.000 kmts has mine,

First 170.000 kmts done by my father who bought it new in 1991 and 52.000kmts by me since 2007.

·
Registered
458 Posts
About $5k. I like it because it has a moonroof (rare in Japan), and literally everything works perfectly cause it is still brand new.
Outstandiing!!!! How did you come across it? craigslist or fb market? or something similar? Why do you point out that the moonroof is rare in Japan? Did you buy it from Japan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking about selling my 1999... has about 125k miles on it... always kept up with any repairs... kept it for my daughter but, she doesn't want to drive... go figure...smh... anyways, what's a fair asking price?

·
Old Man Brian
7,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking about selling my 1999... has about 125k miles on it... always kept up with any repairs... kept it for my daughter but, she doesn't want to drive... go figure...smh... anyways, what's a fair asking price?
welcome!!!
That's low mileage for sure, however, LOCATION plays a big role for the price. Northern and rust belt areas and they are nearly worthless.
But a good running southern or southwest should bring a couple few thousand for a well maintained, good condition vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
welcome!!!
That's low mileage for sure, however, LOCATION plays a big role for the price. Northern and rust belt areas and they are nearly worthless.
But a good running southern or southwest should bring a couple few thousand for a well maintained, good condition vehicle.
tks for the welcome, makes sense I'm in NY and I do see rust... shame cause she's a nice ride

·
Registered
13 Posts
I retired my 1999 last December. I think it has 245K miles now. I bought it in early 2017 with 217K miles for $1400. I'd keep driving it except it needs a new front brake rotor and the driver side rear caliper doesn't want to release completely after using the emergency brake. And the windshield got cracked twice in 2020 from stones. If it didn't need those repairs, I'd drive it another year. It will be scrapped someday and I'll use all the parts I can on a 1992 240SX and 1994 Sentra SE-R.

I like the car a lot. I think it's the best car I've ever seen. I bought when it was 18 years old and I couldn't find any evidence that any real work had been done to it. It was in bad shape but I doubt any other car would go so far and for so long without any significant repair. I doubt my 1991 Toyota pickup would have been as good after 18 years and 217K miles had it been as neglected as the G20.

The stock G20s are a little weak but if it had 200hp it would be a rather good sport sedan. I grew rather fond of the car over the 3.5 years I drove it.

·
Old Man Brian
7,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tks for the welcome, makes sense I'm in NY and I do see rust... shame cause she's a nice ride
That's a shame.
Probably not much $$$ then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve a 1999 G20t with 230k miles still runs like a boss! A/C is chillin’ like a villain gotta love it!

·
Registered
97 Posts

Still driving mine, G20 1999 Base, was my daily driver until COVID hit. Thanks to this forum, I fixed many common problems and I even had some members help me with some parts that I couldn’t find anywhere. The thing is built like a tank and has yet to strand me anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I truly enjoy the car, had her since new, great balance and feel on the road... my struggle is when repairs come up... fix basic or performance parts... I love the look and feel of the car and want to use performance parts/upgrades... trouble moving on... lol

·
Old Man Brian
7,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I truly enjoy the car, had her since new, great balance and feel on the road... my struggle is when repairs come up... fix basic or performance parts... I love the look and feel of the car and want to use performance parts/upgrades... trouble moving on... lol
you're an original owner?
What year?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I retired my 1999 last December. I think it has 245K miles now. I bought it in early 2017 with 217K miles for $1400. I'd keep driving it except it needs a new front brake rotor and the driver side rear caliper doesn't want to release completely after using the emergency brake. And the windshield got cracked twice in 2020 from stones. If it didn't need those repairs, I'd drive it another year. It will be scrapped someday and I'll use all the parts I can on a 1992 240SX and 1994 Sentra SE-R.

I like the car a lot. I think it's the best car I've ever seen. I bought when it was 18 years old and I couldn't find any evidence that any real work had been done to it. It was in bad shape but I doubt any other car would go so far and for so long without any significant repair. I doubt my 1991 Toyota pickup would have been as good after 18 years and 217K miles had it been as neglected as the G20.

The stock G20s are a little weak but if it had 200hp it would be a rather good sport sedan. I grew rather fond of the car over the 3.5 years I drove it.
I have no idea what a new windshield would cost where you are, but the parts you mention needing replacement are rather inexpensive. The brake cable attached to the rear caliper may need adjustment, but overall the expense is not huge to keep the G20 alive.
My rear driver-side caliper locked up due to my never having lubed the slides on the caliper. I replaced that caliper because it had siezed onto the rotor and was smoking and baked all of the grease inside the caliper slides.
If you look up the how-to's you will see that these repairs are not overly difficult..
SEEN ON ROCK AUTO ---->
Rear Left Caliper:
CENTRIC 14242554 Posi-Quiet; Reman.; Includes: Pads, Bracket, and Hardware
$75.79 after core is returned
$65.00 core fee
$140.79 if no core is returned

Front Rotor:
DYNAMIC FRICTION 60467040 GEOSPEC Coated Rotor $32.79

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought it new in 1996, currently has 135,000 miles. Just replaced the original alternator last week. It is an unbelievably rock solid car. My kids want me to get a Tesla but I can’t part with this car. It’s a manual so the kids don’t want it. Onward to 30 years!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts