Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st things first, i need to know how to convert a 99 hydro tranny to cable...i read one thread on sr20forum, that appears to be quite clear, but its for a b13, & apparently it differs from a p10, so if you know & would like to help please read whole thing!....if not & just want a good laugh just read the paragraph

ok well after talking to a few people & letting them hear the sound my tranny is making.....it appears to be that i need a new trans! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So after scourging Car-part for a while, i cam across a 95 LSD from a p10, with 80,xxx (supposibly), so i go down to the yard & ask them, the asks what i need, i tell him & he goes over to this pile of transmission :-\ (litterally i pile with them all stacked/thrown on top of each other, completly not protected FROM ANYTHING, & its about 8-10 ft around & about 5 ft high.:sleep:....) he gets on top & starts throwing trannys left & right down this mt of trannies & thier BOUNCING off each other :dead::zoinks::throwup:. & goes, in a deap african accent "here, here ur transmission locking, its good" i look it over & 1st thing i noticed is ALL sensors & connectors are demolished, then i noticed it ddint have the buldge for the LSD :depressed:(:dead:, i told him that it wasnt a locking trans, & he starts arguiing with me saying it is,,,then i explained to him how it wasnt, & he was like OOOOO ok....sell it to you for 300 then....i just walked away :zoinks:

This is the part where i need people with knowledge to chip in.

So then i found another one, this one is a 99, so its Hydro.....i need ALL info possible regarding making the 99 p11 trans work on the p10. I will be converting it to cable. The write up i read on sr20forum -->http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-...1-b15-transmission-swap-into-b13-b14-p10.html is for a b13, so some things are differnt, i need to know what EXZACTLY needs to be done for it to work on the p10

Thank you,,,also when i do this i will be making a SUPER DUPER HOW TO loaded with pics & probally bloopers, cuz i know you cats digg that.....you digg? :p

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Have you considered converting the car to hydro instead?
Did you get a complete kit or have access to the donor car?
Primarily you would need the clutch cylinder

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
me & mike (p10det) talked about it today as i drove his car aound as he messed with his e-manage...it might be somthing i would do down the line....but not right now....i just dont have the time or resources to track down all the stuff (clutch cylinder, clutch pedal, resivor etc..) its just easyier & faster as of now to just convert it to cable

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
shit my transmission just took a shit on itself this past friday. i was going up the driveway and all i heard was a loud CRACK and my motor turned off and i couldn't take it out of 1st gear. Im so sick of cable, i want to some how custom fit in a hydraulic transmission.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i would put money on the table it easier to source a lsd tranny for a p10 then it would be to swap the tranny linkage. If I were you, id go with the p10 tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I DONT HAEV TIME TO FIND THE PARTS MIKE!!!

DJslice.~ who siad anything about swaping linkage?

·
Registered
642 Posts
dude, i havent heard of anyone doing this. If you are set on doing it, then you'll have to take a shot in the dark. I think it would be easier to find a cable tranny or do a hydro conversion then convert a tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dude....are you serious?? TONS of people have done it.....its not actually converting much on the tranny......you take out the hydro throwout bearing rod, replace with mine from my tranny, put on a LSD axel & supposily VUla!,,,but the writeup i read on the sr20 forum, they had to do a bunch of other little things to make it work for the b13, since the Xmember on that sits @ a diffewent location than on the G......

ALmost everyone with a p10/b13/14 with a p11 or b15 tranny in thier car, has done the hydro to cable convert.......i think only a handful went the route to make thier car hydro

·
Registered
642 Posts
I said I hadnt heard of anyone doing it and by the lack of responses on here, id assume that very few have on this forum. The g20 front end is similar to the b13 and b14. With any retrofit you are gonna have to do some bushwacking and a lot of times there is some custom fab work that has to be done. My guess since the p11 and p10 share engines that the issues with subframes could be easily dealt with. You're gonna have to sort those demons out on your own if you take this route. This is one reason why I think its easier to source an lsd p10 tranny (also there are a lot more p10s sold).

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
dude converting it to cable is pretty striagth forward. so easy a drunk cave man can do it. steve if you plan on doing this i will give ya a hand. just save all the old parts just incase you get tired of brakeing cables we can swap it back

you pretty much need a roll pin punch and mod a bracket and mabe just mabe mod the shift linkage. and you use the p10 lsd axels same as swaping in a regular lsd. when you get the trannys side by side you will see every thing.
so if you want my to help you can do the right up. im to lasy to do right ups and i lack the good typeing skills to make them worth haveing

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
dude converting it to cable is pretty striagth forward. so easy a drunk cave man can do it. steve if you plan on doing this i will give ya a hand. just save all the old parts just incase you get tired of brakeing cables we can swap it back

you pretty much need a roll pin punch and mod a bracket and mabe just mabe mod the shift linkage. and you use the p10 lsd axels same as swaping in a regular lsd. when you get the trannys side by side you will see every thing.
so if you want my to help you can do the right up. im to lasy to do right ups and i lack the good typeing skills to make them worth haveing
ill come help/watch too, when are you planning on doing this

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i just heard from the shop that i droped the car off @ to have them look At it....the guys said it sounds that there are pieces getting thrwon around in the trans....so ill be buying the lsd today i guess im gonna have to order my axel today & the seals......mike anythng else i should buy?

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
ok I didnt read everything, but I have a b13 trans in my p10 lol.. and that bolted right in.. So going down the chain

p11 hydro converted to cable = b13

b13 = p10 lsd

SO

P10 lsd = p11

am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts