Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VQ35DE into the P10's and P11's. It weighs almost about the same as a SR20DET, 240hp NA, 6pd transmition w/HLSD, and best of all...It will be leagal in California because it's a newer motor. Who's gonna start the revolution?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ship me over a vq35de and consider it installed!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Park it on a huge hill. I will take my G20 that got rear ended and "forget" to put the ebrake on, and "forget" to put it in park.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did some searching...VQ's go form 800 to 1500 bucks. Thats cheap.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you live in california and are planning on doing a motor swap but wondering about smog problems, check this out this is what I found on a honda site (straight from the California Air Recorses Board web site)

Replacement Engines
Entire engines can be replacement parts. As with any other replacement part, the engine must be identical to the original. If the replacement block or engine is obtained without emissions equipment, all the equipment from the original engine must be installed on the replacement block.

If the engine is not identical to the original then it is not a replacement part, instead it is considered an engine change.
Engine changes are a modification that must meet certain requirements to be legal (please see "Engine Changes").

Japanese Replacement Engines
Used engines imported from Japan can be used as replacement engines as long as the engine being used has been identified as functionally identical to the original engine. Please refer to the engine importers catalogue to determine if a replacement engine is legal for installation in your vehicle.

Engine Changes
Engine changes are legal as long as the following requirements are met to ensure that the change does not increase pollution from the vehicle:

The engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle.
The engine must be from the same type of vehicle (passenger car, light-duty truck, heavy- duty truck, etc.) based on gross vehicle weight.
If the vehicle is a California certified vehicle then the engine must also be a California certified engine.
All emissions control equipment must remain on the installed engine.
After an engine change, vehicles must first be inspected by a state referee station. The vehicle will be inspected to ensure that all the equipment required is in place, and vehicle will be emissions tested subject to the specifications of the installed engine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for keeping this thread alive. We really need a P11 gutted race car with one of these.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a whole VQ dropout with 6 speed tranny from a 04 max at my house waiting to be bought. Any takers just let me know.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
SucKit said:
I have a whole VQ dropout with 6 speed tranny from a 04 max at my house waiting to be bought. Any takers just let me know.
where do you live? how much do you want? i may consider it. pm me if you dont want to post the info in the thread here

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I was thinking about it a couple of months back when I had the P11.... too much $$ IMO but its definitely worth it!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SucKit said:
How much you want for it? Where u located?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im located in NYC, far far from you. But yea I have everything from the car, mounts, brackets, axles, hoses, radiator, condenser, motor, tranny, cables, shifter, ecu and misc stuff for anyone interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts