Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are some nice spoilers for a p10 on spoilers4less.com but there like tripple in price to get them prepainted.

why so much? would a body shop charge the same to paint it? could i just go to pep boys and buy spray paint and do it my self?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Why so much? My guess is cause they can. But if you would want to paint it yourself, do not go to pep boys, unless your ride was painted at pep boys.
If you can and got the money, find an auto parts shop (who can mix paint or match it) or maybe even the dealer (gasp!) give them the color code for your car. Its usually located on a data plate in your engine bay (that's where it is on a p11).
Get the rest of yer supplies i.e. Sanding paper, clear coat, the accelerator, and what not, invest in an air spray gun or go and borrow one, and that should do the trick.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I don't have mine on yet, but I had it painted for $40 and I'll have it put on for $70 cause I know a guy in the body shop bizness.
Connections, bro....ya gotta have connections....:smoke: :bandit: :cool:

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
MR. RYTE said:
Connections, bro....ya gotta have connections....:smoke: :bandit: :cool:
You need to make friends with a butcher, fish mogers, produce stand people, body shop owners, salespeople in every type of store, etc. Why?

1. Friends won't give you crap.
2. They will give it to you cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts