Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if it's just my car being plagued with electrical problems, but sometimes the power locks work, and sometimes they don't. I bought my car used so I don't know exactly how the locks work, according to the manual... but I find that usually, if I try to lock my doors by pressing the switch on the driver's side, it snaps all the other locks OPEN if the engine is running. If I turn off the engine, hitting the switch only locks MY door, but for some reason, if I use the switch on the passenger door, it locks ALL the doors. Is it supposed to work this way? My doors seem really inconsistent... sometimes, I can get all the doors to unlock if I use the key from the outside of the passenger door, but sometimes, it doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Uhhh, it doesn't sound like yours is working quite right...I have a different problem:
If I hit "lock" on the key fob with the passenger front door open, it APPEARS to lock. But it can still be opened from the outside handle. If I push "lock" with all the doors closed, it may or may not lock. In either case, if it appears to lock but doesn't, and you open the door and get in the car, the alarm goes off. What is going on here??

BTW, what year is your car??

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1992 G20... since I bought the car used, I don't even have a remote to open the locks or anything. It's all the key...

·
Registered
64 Posts
The following has worked for JDM Primeras before.

Find the central locking control unit in one of the front kick panels. Mine had "door lock timer" written on it and was a black box about the same size and shape as a cigarette packet.

Unplug it and clean the harness contacts. See if it makes a difference.

The above worked on one car but mine needed the control unit replacing - about NZD65 for a 2nd hand one.

Hope that helps. =)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
DRIFTER

T4 Primera said:
The following has worked for JDM Primeras before.

Find the central locking control unit in one of the front kick panels. Mine had "door lock timer" written on it and was a black box about the same size and shape as a cigarette packet.

Unplug it and clean the harness contacts. See if it makes a difference.

The above worked on one car but mine needed the control unit replacing - about NZD65 for a 2nd hand one.

Hope that helps. =)
I too had the same problem with my pervious '91 P10. But, my 93.5 does not in any way act in this manner. I too do believe that the central locking unit on this car needs a bit of refinement

·
Registered
616 Posts
I believe my problem is mechanical. The passenger side door "locks" for all appearances, but can still be opened from the exterior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts