Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got done replacing my alternator, as i was driving my battery light & brake light came on , thankfully i realized what was happening & turned back to go home. I went to start removing my alternator & i got to the point where i loosened the pivot bolt that bolts to the alternator , but i couldn't get it to come out, so after further inspection i found that there is a bracket that is connected from the pass. side motor mount bracket to the pivot bolt & theres no access to the bolt that holds it in unless you remove the whole damn bracket....When i had my 94 SE-R i replaced the alternator in probably 45 mins remove & replace because i had no a/c compressor.
Dammit that compressor is a PITA !
So then i remove the bolts to the pass. side mount, i loosen the pivot bolt on the alt. , i loosen the bolts on the pass. mount bracket & when i try & remove the bolts, they hit the chassis & can't come out because they're too long. So i'm thinking " damn these Japanese dudes really made things complicated !" So after removing half the pass. side splash shields, pass. side wheel , mount bracket, i go to take the alt. out from the top & low & behold the radiator hose & rad. hose water outlet are in the way....UGH! So i go to remove the upper hose & water outlet & coolant is pissing all over the place....SIGH! I finally remove those 2 other parts that are " in the way " & finally get the alt. out.....GEEZ! i wish there was an easier way to replace the alt.
Just had to vent because i came outta there with my fingers scraped & with more appreciation for my G20.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P10 WRC said:
it def sucks, but if you think that's hard, try replacing your water pump, holy shit

Yeah i hear ya on the water pump , i also replaced that on my B13 , wasn't too hard to do surprisingly. There is however very limited room to install the 12 MM bolts that hold in the water pump. I think i would have prefered to replace the water pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts