Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Noooo! Not the jag! lol. Yes, luckly no one was hurt, especially that woman who thought it might be bright to get out of her car and slide on her arse.

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
I've seen this video many times. I still don't understand peoples reasoning behind jumping from their car. A ML will squish you dead.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe they thought they culd slow it down, had a guy at the garage last week, we just repaired his little fiesta, driver side front hit, new headlight and stuff, his car was parked on the hill across from our gate, he decided to start his car in gear, then get out his car to try n stop it, while its going down a hill in gear, not only that, it hit my mates Lexus IS200 who owns the garage who had repaired the car 3 hours before. and to top it all off, it was exactly the same damage as before it went into the garage, 2 grands worth of damage to the lex lol.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
P10 WRC said:
idoits,
Hey i know, since the tires can't stop a 3000 pound car, i will eat this can of spinach and jump out and stop that shit myself with my bare hands
Spinach... :LOL:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i kno i culdnt imagine not being able to stop at 5mph i just culdnt, but that is down a slope, so adds to the slipperyness :)

only thing i can think of doing slam it in reverse and try n wheeel spin it backwards :O
with the hanbrake slightly on lol

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
is that from the UK? if it was, i'd imagine they'd know what snow does, and bailing out of a steel structure can only make things worse. panic = path to idiocy.

·
Registered
20,791 Posts
FireStorm said:
i kno i culdnt imagine not being able to stop at 5mph i just culdnt, but that is down a slope, so adds to the slipperyness :)

only thing i can think of doing slam it in reverse and try n wheeel spin it backwards :O
with the hanbrake slightly on lol
Remind me when your out driving in the snow. I'd like to stay indoors at those times.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
i figured, i would just turn the wheel, and start gasing
it worked before for me....

·
Registered
119 Posts
trbobrk said:
Remind me when your out driving in the snow. I'd like to stay indoors at those times.
lol, +1.

P10Bostonian said:
i figured, i would just turn the wheel, and start gasing
it worked before for me....
yeah I'd try to get some traction on those tires, or I might try and grab a tree from the window and stop my car that way.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol incase u didnt notice those cars had the wheels either totaly stopped and full locked left or right and were still sliding forward :O stopping them by turning the wheels isnt happening, and i have no idea how you would stop a car like that as i never have been in that situation and i hope i aint :O

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats what i said and they said they would stay indoors with me on the roads :(

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
that happened here in the nation's capital good ol' DC. Saw that video in the news so many times, I was out in that same snow with the g no problem.... course I wasn't stupid enough to find the biggest hill in town and drive down it :/

·
Registered
119 Posts
When your slipping, you drive in the direction your slipping. If you don't get any traction from that, you screwed (or your not, because you know something I don't), if you do get traction then you use it to not hit anything. It's worked for me on the hill I live on a few times and it gets that slushy crap in the winter. Without winter tires (or true winter rated all season) you might as well jump out of that car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts