Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edmunds has the 94 being the porkiest of the years, and my registration shows a hefty 2980, it certainly feels heavy but not that heavy...

does anyone know what they did and what can be removed :)

oh, mine is just a regular G20, no leather or sunroof, and of course 5-speed... maybe some dumbass was on the scale when they weighed it...i dunno..

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
1993.5 weighed 2877 for the 5spd

Originally posted by: 808g20
and what can be removed
Everything can. Seats, interior, door panels, stereo,... But why? these are the things that make your car nice and quiet and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
trbobrk said:
1993.5 weighed 2877 for the 5spd

Everything can. Seats, interior, door panels, stereo,... But why? these are the things that make your car nice and quiet and comfortable.
I agree with trbobrk on this one. The G20 CAN be a fast car, just strip it all out and work mega $$$ under your hood, but that's not what makes the car so great. The car's great cuz it's NICE and still has some power potential. If you wanted a full racer-kinda car, you could've gone for a B13 Sentra chassis...probably one of the lightest cars that'll hold an SR20. G20s are heavy, but they're nice too.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
FF Drifter said:
B13 Sentra chassis...probably one of the lightest cars that'll hold an SR20.
They are about 500 pounds lighter. Strip its guts, suspension, rollcage, recaro, DET=Race car

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yup. I've seen it done several times. There's this guy at the street races...I thought at first: damn, he thinks he's fast in that shitty car? *looked ghetto, primered, torn up seats* but as soon as I heard a blow-off from a turbo, I suddenly had respect for him.

There's also one at SR20DEvelopmenT. No interior at all, no seats, no paint, no nothing. Just one Recaro, a NOS bottle next to him, and a turbo SR20VE under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah, I didn't mean it that way... I'm not about to strip useful stuff, just maybe if it had excessive bumper supports or things like that.. :)

really just wondering why the 94 is so much heavier than say a 91..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i gotta wonder how they do the weighing that goes onto the title/registration

mine says 2980, and mine is basic as you can get.... not a single option... i really want to go get it weighed now.. haha

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well dang I'm just gonna have to go have my car weighed now. I always see this truck weighing place in downtown so I'll go get weighed later. I'm low on gas too so it's a perfect time.

I hope it's less than 2900 lbs. I'll let you guys know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts