Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the suspension plays a big role but what exactly makes it so heavy? i mean 3000lbs for a small sedan is pretty heavy. the 4door thing makes it a lil heavier also but what else?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
The G20 is a pretty long car. I'm not sure of the exact dimentions but it's significantly longer than a sentra. Plus the G20, well the P11 at least has extras like side impact beams, good sound deadning, side air bags, etc. those things add up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The P11 is not that long , from memory I think it is 177in which is pretty short. That size is about the same as the new civic but the P11 is about 300-400lbs more. The reason I think is the side impact beam Jason said, and side airbag, sound deadning stuff, and sunroof, all those little things add up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Because it is? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, if you had a P10.... naw... not gonna go there. A lot of the extra weight on G20's is the leather interior, sound deadening, nice features, etc... Also the auto tranny adds quite a bit of weight to the car. There is a suprising range between a base model 5-spd G20 and a fully loaded auto touring model. Go ride in a Sentra, then ride in a G20 and you'll hear and feel the difference right away, they are not the same car by any means.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts