Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For many years I loved looking at G's on the road. I never thought I would ever own one because I am a Bimmer guy at heart. The G was just one of my pet cars to enjoy looking at from a distance. When I got my car it was during the summer of '06. I happened upon it due to trying to buy an economical car that had a shread of style. The '95 G I found was sweet IMO. The dark green was worn but there was no denying the potential. After I found G20.net I knew this car would be trick because the P10 is a dying breed. I set out to simply make the car mechanically sound. I have a 4runner that I put a lift kit on and sacrificed a finger tip in the process. My affinity for my Infiniti beats the 4runner by miles. I have maybe 2000 miles of time behind the wheel of this 150,000 mile+ car. Even when it was a piece of shit I pushed it and found it's limits. I am now in the midst of a multi-month, multi mod transformation of this bad ass little car. I test drove a '95 M3 once and was floored by the go-kart like handling. This car can do the same thing for less than half the price. I am deep into my upgrade period now. I believe in doing everything while things are disassembled. I did not want to spend the extra cash but I knew what I was after. At this point, I cannot wait to finish the mechanicals and get to the cosmetics. I am an artist, so I will be able to make this interior look unique. I am into stock interior layout with VIP style. Anyway, this site has changed my life. P10 nation arise!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
hehe good to hear it! i saw this silver p11 in the bank parking lot every day on the way to work... i thought it was so cool, and i never figured id have one, let alone mod it. now look at me! i had never modded anything before this, and this site definitely chagned my life too in that way. now its about all i do!

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
lol cant wait to see your interior mods. cant let the p10's die off

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
WOOT WOOT P10'S!!!!!! i rarely see g20s on the road. ESPECIALLY p10s. they are though, by far, my most favorite car.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Man..I used to think my P11 was pretty rare!! Now, I see everyone driving them here in Rancho/Fontana area..lol..none modded except for Cryss's..haha...a fellow g owner in Dallas..maybe I won't be the only one around when I move there in February! ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Can't wait to see the fruits of your P10 labor :lol:

Funny how you have a list of "pet cars to enjoy from afar". I thought I was the only one! :p

I started admiring the P10 when they were introduced, but, being a cheapskate at heart, waited 10 years for the opportunity, and pounced on a pristine '94 5speed Touring model 6yrs ago, and now have 233k on ours (with no signs of impending doom :paranoid: ).

Some of my current "pet cars" (that I'll never likely own, but still catch my attention)

1) Merkur XR4Ti
2) Audi Coupe GT
3) M3 (first gen)
4) Merc 190E 2.3-16 (Cosworth)
5) Saab 96
6) Mazda 323GTX (turbo AWD!)
7) Acura TSX (6spd)
8) '93 Legacy Turbo
9) Toy Corolla AE86

Good post.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will post pics of some of the stuff tonight. It sure is nice to get so many responses to my p10 thread. I thought most of the guys around here had p11's. Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to turn the wrenches. This weekend is front bushings and firewall cleaning. I'm also gonna be installing the reconditioned steering rack and all new power steering hoses and clamps. The PS system in these cars is notoriously leaky and a big one soiled my entire engine bay. I have spent hours cleaning everything I could and theres still some on there. Unbelievable how the previous owner let this car go. The main reason I got the the greenie was because it was very clean. Only a few smudges on the interior and a couple of dings that can be removed with PDR. So far, the strangest thing was the aftermarket alarm system that was installed under the dash with nylon packing cord! :zoinks: I removed it and all of it's shabby wiring. The idiot didn't even know the car had a factory alarm system is my guess. Anyway, pics will be up in a few hours. A question: how do I post pics?

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Remember, a lot of us P11 guys came from P10's! :p

Glad to hear we steered you away from ze Germans!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
cant wait to see/ i to am repin the dark green p10. A very evil little car once you add
boost.
good luck. take your time and enjoy every min you spend with it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G-ealousy said:
Remember, a lot of us P11 guys came from P10's! :p

Glad to hear we steered you away from ze Germans!
I really want the Maui Blue. I hope when it is time I can snap one up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
my sisters seen other p10s on the road but the only one ive ever seen in my life is mine. not boosting mine too may alternators in the way.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well my p10 has sucked it up. right now at 300whp at low boost. she is a champ.
But than again im no new to boost guy. With knowlage and experience you will never go wrong cuase you know what to expect.
but any way i love the p10 very nimble ride and has very much potentaul. All in all you have a great car to do as you please with

1 - 20 of 28 Posts