Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea whats going on. I got into my car one morning, turned it on and this annoying loud buzzing sound started. It is comming from under the ash tray, behind the ecu. It vibrates really hard, but as soon as I turn on my headlights, the sound stops...

Any Idea what this could mean?!?!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No shifter change
Everytime my lights aren't on it buzzes. No matter the temparature...
I just noticed one of my headlights is out... could the buzzing be related?
My dash lights flicker on and off, could there be a short somewhere?

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Could be a short. Take apart the center console and check it out. Its fairly easy to take apart.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have the exact same noise, i just flick on the highbeams and it seems to go away. I only get it once and awhile tho, but the exact place you're talking. I wonder if there is a daytime running light relay down there or something, as i notice my running lights are not always on.

sorry to wake up such an old thread, heh just noticed the date after posting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ya thats what i've heard before when they've gone kaput in the passed. We didn't get auto seatbelts in canada on any G's so it shouldn't be that either. I'd figure if the headlight relay was going bad, then i would have trouble getting the headlights to turn on, and work constantly. It almost sounds like something partly mechanical. gonna have to fiddle around with it.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Maybe it's got something to do with the DTRL module? Seems logical to me since it's only affecting you guys from Canada.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, i figured it out. It's the DTRL module.
I just pulled it out haha. I rewired my corner lights with dual filament bulbs and I spliced the parking lights into the second filament on the corner lights so now my corner lights act as my DTRL (day time running lights)

Here is a pic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
k awesome, should have subscribed earlier to this, couldn't find this thread for a bit. my DTRL always went on and off kinda weird before too. well as long as the bad relay aint gonna melt my car i can put up with it for now. got other stuff on the table with this car that need money first. anyone know how much the relay costs?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Weird, I have had this problem also, only happened once(I have only turned the key to ON like 15-20 in the whole time I have had this car though). It hasn't happened again, so I will wait it out, but if it happens again, I will have to start popping things off the console. It couldn't be DTRL(US car) or Electric seat belts('95). Meh, maybe just a electrical gremlin... :alien:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts