Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that instead of P11 wheels, I want to get some really wide 15" ones -- I am seeing some Sportmax XXR 513 wheels on eBay that are 15x8 with a +0 offset (I think I won't go for the +0, but maybe +15 or +20?. These are obviously going to stick out of the wheels wells a bit. Will the fenders rub? If so, how much would I have to roll them to stop the rubbing? If I got a slightly lower profile tire, would that help?

Yeah, this is kind of a strange choice, but I want to have as much traction as possible, and I don't care about having huge-diameter wheels, because the P10 doesn't really need them to fill the wheel wells.

·
Registered
11 Posts
there's a guy on here, psychopat that ran the 501's in 16x8 +20 offset.

It looks like the front and rear needed to be rolled and flared, with stretched tire.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
i think pat's were +15. i saw in person, the rim was a little past the fender (of course it tucks inward when the wheel moves upward) the tires were 195s in a stretched fitment.

he had to camber the rear to fit that offset.

8 +25 or +30. you will definitely have to roll the fenders, but that is fine. my saying is "if it doesn't rub, it doesn't fit"

maybe you can find a way to test fit a rim on your hub with the car jacked up and move it up and down to see where it tucks

·
Registered
62 Posts
they will fit +15 will be ideal, 195s would be better. A width like that on a p10 you need to stretch the tires a tad. If it was a 9 itd be different. On my p10 i had 16x9s all around et20 in the front and 15 in the back and i still ran 195/45s...

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much did you have to roll your fenders? (I assume that you had to?)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just used a fender roller and a heat gun, rolled the lips flat, then flared the fenders a tad. Be careful flaring the fenders though, there is only so much you can do before it dents the top of your fender from the pressure...

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been looking around the internets and am not sure I want the wheels sticking out of the wheel wells that much. I think I might go with 15x7 instead. Does anyone know whether I have to roll fenders for those?

·
Registered
62 Posts
honestly i would roll the fenders regardless, its not hard and its more assurance you are not going to rub in the future...

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
15 or 16 x8 or x7.5 with +30 or 35 will be quite aggressive but not out of the fenders
(in my estimation)
might want to stick closer to stock offset (about 40) instead of 15-20 if you are not going for the crazy stance.
don't want bumpsteer eh

·
Registered
25 Posts
lol, everyone here is afraid of real wheel fitment..

i need coilovers.. as soon as i get them my set of 16x8 0 offset wheels are goin on

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
15 or 16 x8 or x7.5 with +30 or 35 will be quite aggressive but not out of the fenders
(in my estimation)
might want to stick closer to stock offset (about 40) instead of 15-20 if you are not going for the crazy stance.
don't want bumpsteer eh
Bump steer was actually one of the things I was worried about. More to the point, though, wouldn't 8"-wide wheels with a +40 offset rub like crazy on the inside unless I use beefy spacers?

lol, everyone here is afraid of real wheel fitment..

i need coilovers.. as soon as i get them my set of 16x8 0 offset wheels are goin on
There are really a couple of concerns here:

1. I don't want a blowout or premature wear because I'm rubbing, either on the inside or the outside.
2. I don't want adverse handling effects (e.g. bump steer).
3. I don't want to attract undue attention (especially from the po-po -- ricer profiling is bad, mkay?). IMO, the instant your wheels stick out of the wheel wells, the car's looks start yelling, "Performance-minded driver!" And usually, people, including people in law enforcement, associate "performance-minded" with "aggressive."

Oh man a car with functional extra wide 15 inch wheels is soooooooooo sexy.
Let me know how it goes because i want to do the same with my P10.
The problem is I don't want to be the guinea pig, because I don't have the money to buy something, install it, and then discover it doesn't work.

I think 15x7 is the safest route to go. a 7"-wide tire will already provide great grip, which is really my primary reason for using anything other than P11 meshies. Now I just need to do more research into offsets, and then find a 15x7, 4x114.3 wheel with the right offset that looks good to me (and considering I'm not a fan of most aftermarket wheels, that's harder than it sounds).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but when my wheels arrive (16x8" +13 all around) I will let you know how they fit on a P10.

I saw psychopat's car in person (when I contemplated buying it), and his isn't that extreme of a fit. I've seen worse.

Especially since 240 guys do it all the time...

-alex

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I was thinking about getting a set of 15x7 or 15x7.5 and figuring out the right offset to use 225/45 tires...they are exactly the same diameter as the stock tires, and only very slightly larger in the rest of the dimensions....

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I decided to look at the suspension FAQ like we tell all the n00bs to do, and according to Mep, the largest documented sizes that will work are 205/55-15 on a 15x7 wheel with a 38mm offset. 205/50-15 will also work, has a bit more flexibility in offset (38-42mm), and is closer to the 91-93 stock diameter, so I'm tempted to just go with that.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
I was going off of http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

And my bad it was 16" wheels, not 15"

195/65/14 = Sidewall 5", Radius 12", Diameter 24", Circumference 75.3", Revs/Mile 841.0
225/45/16 = Sidewall 4", Radius 12", Diameter 24", Circumference 75.3", Revs/Mile 841.0

If you put the tires in the calculator, you only have a little over the original size when you select End instead of side

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to the FAQ, 225/45-16 will fit with no problems on a P11, but the largest recommended 16" size on a P10 is 215/45-16, and you must have a 40mm offset for 7.5" rims, although they will fit on 7" rims with a 40-42mm offset.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Yeah I looked at the FAQ too...I was thinking a 7" rim, with a 40mm or 38mm offset would fit, maybe with a little fender rolling.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I looked at the FAQ too...I was thinking a 7" rim, with a 40mm or 38mm offset would fit, maybe with a little fender rolling.
Will a 225 actually fit on a 7" rim? And yeah, my guess is if you use a 35-38mm offset and roll fenders, you'll be able to do that without problems.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts