Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
To answer your title question a clogged injector can click. If the coil is burned it will not.
You see if say I clog the injector pintle with my finger and energize it it will click.

Their are more than on way you can have an injector failure.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
Normal good injector coil will be at around 12 ohm temperature of the coil can very
High resistance is usually burnt are coil barly hanging on and usually generates heat do to poor connection..I Conti.hurt means coil circuit is open and hone low resistance could be from corrosion bridging across coil are between terminal to terminal in the body of the injector.

A clog is a physical are Machanical problem not electrical. Resistance check finds electrical part failure in the injector

·
Registered
1 Posts
how do you test for a bad injector
Injectors for my 86 300zx are supposed to read 3ohms, anything higher and it’s dead, so I would look up the ratings for yours and test them. Injectors can still click electronically but STILL be jammed/clogged so clicking doesn’t necessarily mean fuel is going through. If you move it around and it moves the issue but replacing the wires and connector doesn’t work, then I’d go for replacing the injector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts