Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Define wrong way? If i'm building the chassis and custom building everything that goes on this car from the frame up, what is the right way?
Get a RWD engine and call it a day.

"Wrong way" meaning... look at your SR. In a FWD setup, the throttle body faces the FLYWHEEL. In a RWD setup, the throttle body faces the CRANK PULLEY.

-alex

·
Registered
688 Posts

"Wrong way" meaning... look at your SR. In a FWD setup, the throttle body faces the FLYWHEEL. In a RWD setup, the throttle body faces the CRANK PULLEY.

-alex
unless he wants to draw the air from the cabbin lol

i have seen RWD sr20de engines sell for 250$ on craigslist. I have seen a RWD SR20VE that was put toghether from a RWD sr20de and a ve head there is a guy on nico that has one in an s14 i think it would be nice with some GTiR trottle bodies in a 7

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One thing I always suggest to people is to just buy a RWD NA SR20DE setup. they can be found COMPLETE for in the $750-800 range and that includes the trans, driveshaft, ECU, harness, complete engine and all.
Yeah i'll start searching that option, but again if it was easy enough I would like to use the build sr20 I already have. Along with the aem ems and various other parts. To duplicate that setup is going to cost me and that's not the point of this project. It's to build a fun/track worthy car for as little as possible.

But if you could, point me in the right direction as to who sells rwd sr20's and is reputable.

-alex
That's understood, it wouldn't be difficult to fab up a bit extra intercooler piping to extend to the intake.

unless he wants to draw the air from the cabbin lol

i have seen RWD sr20de engines sell for 250$ on craigslist. I have seen a RWD SR20VE that was put toghether from a RWD sr20de and a ve head there is a guy on nico that has one in an s14 i think it would be nice with some GTiR trottle bodies in a 7
maybe it could draw air from YOUR FACE lol

But seriously, if I can find a RWD SR20 for $250, than that's a no brainer.

Gmac

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Check with the local importers. I can get them locally for about $750 for a S14 complete setup. There are places in Cali ( neotech imports) that get a lot of these NA setups and sell them for cheap. I know I have seen a lot in New Jersey...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Gmac03, stick with your Caterham idea - I'm doing the very build you are considering! Something to be said about 600-700kg with 190hp :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing I always suggest to people is to just buy a RWD NA SR20DE setup. they can be found COMPLETE for in the $750-800 range and that includes the trans, driveshaft, ECU, harness, complete engine and all.
Where might a guy find something like that? I was about to go buy a running p10 for said sr20de ( I'm in the usa) and now I'm pretty convinced there is no hope of eventually putting that or any other sr20 from a fwd car into a 240sx.. honestly there is a lot of information and most of it seems to contradict the previous comment almost everytime.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
If you are trying to do that to save money then I won’t be of help.
There are a lot of RWD sr20DE swaps out there. Now they are around $1000-1500. Search google for 20-30 JDM importers. Call them all snd get quotes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts