Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the OZ wheels on the Lancer. Does anybody know if the lug pattern or center bore is the same? I know the p10 has a 4 x 4.5 lug pattern, but I don't know the pattern for the Lancer.

Thanks
jb

·
Registered
57 Posts
DOUBLE-CHECK THIS

I'm showing the Mitsu Lancer OZ with a 4x114.3 bolt pattern (same as G20) with a 67.1 mm center bore (G20 is 66.1).

So they will fit, but the center bore is 1mm oversize

Whether the Mitsu Lancer specific wheels are hubcentric or equipped with a hub centering ring I don't know. If they are hubcentric, it will be tough to find a hub ring to neck down 1mm....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Tire Rack, they just said to try it.

On the G20, do you have to have the exact same center bore? Since the OZ wheels have a larger bore, do you think they would still work?

thanks

jb

·
Registered
306 Posts
common sense ?

My common sense tells me that since the lugnuts are self-centering (rounded face to fit in the rounded hole on the rim) it should not matter. Anyone tell for sure if I am wrong on this? Also, the custom wheel makers would NOT make a unique center hole for EVERY application. So this would seem to confirm my observation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had 215/40 17 from a lancer and it fit perfectly

·
Registered
57 Posts
centering lug nuts still shift the load to the wheel studs - not what was designed.

A hubcentric wheel will allow the nuts and studs to do their job, which is keep the wheel tight against the hub - nothing more.

Of course the Lancer wheels are only 1mm larger - hardly visible, but still enough to shift the load to the studs.

Lots of folks run wheels that aren't hubcentric, but it can manifest itself as strange front alignment issues, shimmying, etc.

If the Lancer wheels have the standard OZ bore with centering rings, any large wheel/tire dealer should have the centering rings you need.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts