Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This '95 G20 has been in the family from infancy and now with 107K painfree miles until my daughter had a near miss with a deer. Swerved and hit guard rail on both sides and did a 180. Crunched in front and rear but driveable except it will not start now. We've got all our accessories working and you hear the fuel pump but turn the key and you get a single click but no cranking. After being knocked about (no airbag deployment), is there a safety or security reset that needs to be done. Just had it towed to the house and haven't gotten under the car to bypass the solenoid yet but it certainly had no starting problems before the wreck. 11 years and I've never needed service manual - great car!

·
Registered
640 Posts
You may have knocked the connection loose on the starter. Its a pain in the ass to get to, but try hitting it with a screw driver and then try starting it.

Welcome...I am in Raleigh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sorta pointed to the starter but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something easier first. I'll give it a try tonight...thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the starter, stupid

This is downside of what happens when one tries to apply logic and intuition. I was so convinced that it made no sense that a functioning starter would become non-functioning after a fender bender. I "knew" it had to be something in the relays or elsewhere. I was wrong!. 4 1/2 hours of misery but one old starter off and a new starter installed and starts and runs perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts