Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering getting a wind guard for my sunroof and wanted to know peoples opinions about them, I have a silver 99 g20t. Any opinions or pics showing them off will be cool. I seem to have a feeling that when the sunroof is entirley open that it doesnt look that good towards the front of the sunroof.

·
Registered
522 Posts
They look fine with the sunroof open. I don't know about the G20, but with my old Acura Legend, when I added a sunroof windguard the noise level went down quite a bit at higher speeds.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Same here. I think that the wind deflector would be a worthwhile add-on. Oh, and don't bother with the dealership. Just get them from www.infinitipartsusa.com and just install it yourself. Should only take 15-20 mins;)

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
my .02

I had one on my prior Merkur XR4ti and I honestly didn't care for it much... it caused water to collect in that spot where it was attached and rust was starting just as I sold the car --- I'm pretty anal and hate even the first sign of rust... Although I admit it was a bit quieter.. it wasn't significant enough for me to warrant ever wanting to do that again. ...so if you live in the the 'rust belt' like me, I would advise against it! ...but elsewhere where the weather is dry or nothing rusts... then it is up to you!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I personally dont like them.... I think its something an old person would do to reduce the noise. I think they spoil the smooth lines of your car too much also, I bet they are great for functionality tho (I.E if its not a show car)

I guess the only one who can make the choice is you tho!! Good luck with your decision

Kev

·
Registered
218 Posts
I personally don't like the looks of them. They spoil the roof line, IMO. However; the stock sunroof wind deflector is pretty much crap. It doesn't block much wind at all and creates a lot of buffetting at highway speeds.

I guess it all depends on whether you want form or function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts