Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just guessing it's cuz the motors are old (1992 G20), but it's really bad on the passenger's side. The window doesn't even come up if the glass is wet, and it has to be pulled up while I'm holding the switch. Is there anything that can be done to the motors, or is it just something I'll have to live with?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You can probably get a replacement motor. I guess they wear out over time. Should be an easy replacement.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much should such a motor cost? I know my local dealer kinda rips people off....the cost of good service I guess.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
How much should such a motor cost? I know my local dealer kinda rips people off....the cost of good service I guess.
I don't know, maybe someone else does.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just replaced my driver's door window motor. Very easy fix, took me 24 minutes exactly. I got mine from mossy nissan in oceanside, california for $176 after tax and shipping and serca discount. If you aren't a serca member I suggest you join. It'll cost you about $240 otherwise. I can give step by step instructions if you need it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
altima motor

I installed an altima motor and they cost about $245 after sales tax and a local shipping cost. The infinity motor will cost $260 for just the motor before tax. So definitely get the altima motor and be sure to become a serca member so you can get a nice discount on parts if you aren't already.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine had the same problem when i got it. I replaced the motor. It would've cost about $240, but the dealer gave me a 10% discount so it ended up being $177. I asked how much it would cost to have them install it and he said labor was $80 an hour!! The hardest part of installing the new motor was getting the old one out of the door. That was before Christmas, and just the other day my window wouldn't go down. An hour later i tried again and it worked fine, now it's stuck up again so i guess it's just the switch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: altima motor

BritCG20 said:
I installed an altima motor and they cost about $245 after sales tax and a local shipping cost. The infinity motor will cost $260 for just the motor before tax. So definitely get the altima motor and be sure to become a serca member so you can get a nice discount on parts if you aren't already.
i heard you can get an altima window motor for $70! i'll have to double check that.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awright, thanks everyone. I'm off to the junkyard to find a usable altima motor. I'd get a new one...but I need to save money to fix a nasty impact above my right rear.... -_-

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Does anyone know......

.....if this would work.

I did some research on this before and I read that you could keep you existing motor. All you needed to do was remove the carbon build up from the motor. I have no idea how you would gp abou tdoing this but if it works it would be even alot cheaper than buying a used $70 motor

and thats the eskimo's $0.02

·
Registered
880 Posts
where abouts in the motor? The part with the coiled wire or were all the gears are to make the window move.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya I don't even know how to take out the motor, I've taken the door apart before but I could figure out how to take the motor out. It just hung there attached to some cable and I didn't what to do to get it out.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I have no clue

where the motor is. All I know is that carbon supposidely builds up inside of this motor and u can clean it out somehow dont ask me but it supposidely works alot better after its cleaned out

1 - 20 of 36 Posts