Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a crazy question but I recently bought a very sweet 95 G20t with tinted windows. The previous owner it seems never cleaned the windows very well. There are water spots that I have tried scrubbing with a plastic brillo pad thingy with windex and Fantastic but to no avail, the spots are still there. The car is black and the spots really stand out. Looking for some help...thanks.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I think your not suppost to used windex on tint. That is what I have heard anyway. I don't have any tint and don't want any.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Are the spots on the glass or the tint?

If its on the glass get some Glass Stripper from your local auto store. That will work. Just don't get any on the paint. If it's on the tint....well I don't have any recommendations for ya, sorry.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
G-Forces[/i] [B]Are the spots on the glass or the tint?.[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally e-mailed to trbobrk from reesejjt said:
The tint is on the inside and it is true you don't use [windex] on tint but the spotting is on the outside.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I wouldnt use windex anywhere on my car. Its bad for the paint and if you have a tinit its bad for that too. I would just go to the local Infiniti dealership and get some Nissan glass cleaner form them. It works great on windows and I always have one in my trunk with a rag for bird shit, mud, plant shit, etc

·
Registered
218 Posts
You might try a bathroom cleaner like Lime Away or something. Don't get anything abraisive, but get something that's made to remove water spotting. That, combined with a razor blade will probably get the spots off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think he's talking about the outside of the window. I have the same problem with the hard local water, it leaves mad spots. Call a body-shop and ask if they can hook you up. I had one clean my windows with acid and everything looks brand-new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't clean windows with any ammonia based cleaners, that is what turns them purple, ah, beautiful purple window tints. Buy tint safe window cleaner. For those water spots you better grab a razor blade and start stripping. Use dishsoap for the side windows and steel wool and over cleaner for the rear. (defrost)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
this forum has been around longer than i thought.....

·
♥
3,947 Posts
woa, back from the dead

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
best thing to do is put a black plastic bag on the inside of the window and let the sun bake the tint then it comes off super easy....my tinter thought me this, it seems to work on the back window too, but use a steel wool on the back defroster glass

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
jammin unit said:
Don't clean windows with any ammonia based cleaners, that is what turns them purple, ah, beautiful purple window tints. Buy tint safe window cleaner. For those water spots you better grab a razor blade and start stripping. Use dishsoap for the side windows and steel wool and over cleaner for the rear. (defrost)
this is what i was talkin about

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah thats a confusing paragraph. first sentence he is talking about cleaning the inside/tinted side of the window. second sentence he is talking about how to remove water spots from the outside of the window.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Lol, everyone giving advice on a 5 year old thread bumped for no reason other than to comment on how long the forum has been around...

The original poster hasn't been on since this thread started :LOL:

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
SgtDGun said:
lol but its a good topic... :p
Yeah.

So I have the jdm water spots on my window, I was told by the glass installer not to use steel wool. He said steel is harder than glass and no matter how fine it is, it will scratch the glass. He recomended something called spot-x.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts