Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the little squirters for the windshield wipers, well mine suck. the passenger shoots good, but the one just shoots right onto the roof. and the one on the driver's side, the important one, one stream barely makes it to the windshield and the other just drizzles and doesn't even make it to the window.

so does anyone have this problem? should i replace the nozzle things? or could it be the pump? suggestions...

·
♥
3,947 Posts
most likely calcium clogging the nozzle. scrubbing the outside works for me, if that doesnt do it, remove the nozzle, and soak it in some type of cleaner

you may also try poking it w/ a needle

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
^^^ Yup I would get mine on my old truck clogged up all of the time, just poked at it with a needle and it would clear it out. And when the needle is in there if your gentle you can move them a bit so it wont spray right over the roof.

I had my old Jeep cherokee set up so the rear wiper squirter would spray backwards, so every now and again if somebody was tailgaiting I would soak them with some wiper fluid. Always made me feel better. ;)

Gmac

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
+1 Thats what i've always done. If you cant get them clear with a pin, i suggest you replace them!

Gmac03 said:
^^^ Yup I would get mine on my old truck clogged up all of the time, just poked at it with a needle and it would clear it out. And when the needle is in there if your gentle you can move them a bit so it wont spray right over the roof.

I had my old Jeep cherokee set up so the rear wiper squirter would spray backwards, so every now and again if somebody was tailgaiting I would soak them with some wiper fluid. Always made me feel better. ;)

Gmac

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
Gmac03 said:

Gmac
this is the correct procedure according to the fsm and the owners guide

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome!!! thanks guys, i'll try those out when i get off work and let ya know how it, just cause i know your dying to know...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on my friends geo in high school it shot off to the side and squirt people with their windows down or people on the sidewalk...

anyways i cleaned em up with a toothbrush, stuck the needle in there, and i was almost out of fluid so i put about two cups of a water/simple green solution and ran that through it. and now they work great!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah just move it with a needle/paperclip. I set my outermost one on the passenger side to spray to the right of my car so I can soak unsuspecting pedestrians. Seriously, if I'm having a bad day nothing lifts my spirits more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LMAO!!! :lmao: :lmao: :LOL:

forumnoob said:
Yeah just move it with a needle/paperclip. I set my outermost one on the passenger side to spray to the right of my car so I can soak unsuspecting pedestrians. Seriously, if I'm having a bad day nothing lifts my spirits more.

Yeah, you can aim them wherever you want, but I tried a needle to unclog my pass. side squirter to no avail---

BUT-- squirters from an early 90's Chevy Lumina Van/ APV fit perfectly, and are nicer and easier to aim, as well as spraying better-- Plus, they're like $5 from a scrap yard, if that much--

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took a needle to the nozzles a couple days ago and it didn't improve anything. I tried to adjust them too (which is mainly all I need) and that was to no avail. Wouldn't budge. All I succeeded in doing was bending the needles. I'll try again when it's not so bloody cold out. Whenever that might be. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has a problem with this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^ utah eh? for sure it's way too dam cold here. what kind of g do you got? where do you drive around?

i got a white '95, dropped and tinted. right now on stockers but in the summer black 17's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I drive around mostly south salt lake. I've only had it since the first week of october. My g mostly is not very pretty to look at. The previous owners did not take very good care of it. It's that goldish/beige color. It is tinted but it's not very dark and it's that crappy stuff that turns purple over time. The car needs a lot of maintence done so I doubt I'll be doing anything interesting to it anytime soon. Mostly just because I don't know anything about cars and with my luck I'd break something.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I had this issue a while ago ....... In the end I took em off & soaked em in viakal & after a lot of friggin' around I went to Nissan & bought a new set ........... Theys brill now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts