Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks,

Hardly were there any discussions on the subject. I am about to upgrade my stock wipers to a heavy-duty, high performance dual windshield wipers. I am asking your feedback on the "best" dual windshield wipers available on the market today. The new PIAA Super Silicon Wiper in carbon finish looks attractive (http://www.autobulbdepot.com/fr_wipers.tpl?cart=31035054134367898) but I need a dual one. Does anyone have a brand that they can suggest? TIA.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Here is my $.02

The dual wipers look dumb

The PIAAs look nice... but regular Bosch mico-edge probably work just as well as PIAA if you already put Rain-X on your windsheild.

I decided to wait until September and replace my blades so I won't know anything untill then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i'm not too fond of the dual wipers either...i'd stick with the single bosch micro's also...beside the duals might be too much weight and add too much friction for the the stock wiper motors, eventually burning them out quicker

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dual wipers don't work worth a damn. Save your money and get a good quality "normal" wiper blade. All of those triple bladed, ribbed, teflon coated wipers are nothing but snake oil.

This is coming from someone who lives near Seattle.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The friction problem is minor. Reason I need the dual is because of heavy snow and rain here in Canada. The stock single wiper doesn't do any justice.

As for it looks dumb, just remember: "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
if I can find someone to do it a "single Wiper" conversion will be on my primera by next year like the touring cars have!

by dual I presume you mean dual blades? havent seen them but I cant imagine they will help much!!

let us know what you do either way.

Kev

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dual wipers don't work any better on snow than single wipers. I used to live in Wyoming, so i've got a lot of experience with this. When you use two wiper blades, you are splitting the amount of pressure on the blades in half. That makes them LESS effective. Just buy yourself a good, quality set of wiper blades for the summer, and a set of "snow blades" for the winter. That's your best option, period.

FYI: "snow blades" are wipers that are totally covered in rubber (the entire wiper portion, not just the blade). This keeps snow and ice from packing in the arms so that the blades stay flexible. They work wonders in cold, snowy weather.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cue-Ball said:

FYI: "snow blades" are wipers that are totally covered in rubber (the entire wiper portion, not just the blade). This keeps snow and ice from packing in the arms so that the blades stay flexible. They work wonders in cold, snowy weather.
wow thats funny, never heard of a "snow" blade...probably because if they had'm down here in houston the rubber will probably just melt right off lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts