Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am heading home on 95 today and it is drizzling out. I hear a thud and boom, no more wipers.

I get the car parked.

The wipers move freely by hand.

I engage the wipers and hear the whirring noise and can see some movement between the wiper area cover.

I guess a rod got disconnected or something in there?

When it rains it pours.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I bet the nut holding the wiper down snapped off. Oh wait, you said wipers? So both sides don't work anymore, but the motor does?

I had this happen to me during a typical Vancouver winter rainy day. I had to basically drive looking out the passenger side till I could get to the shop.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
satanshollow said:
I bet the nut holding the wiper down snapped off. Oh wait, you said wipers? So both sides don't work anymore, but the motor does?

I had this happen to me during a typical Vancouver winter rainy day. I had to basically drive looking out the passenger side till I could get to the shop.
Yep, both sides dont work but the motor does, hopefully some rod just fell off etc.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the rod have to be replaced or can it be put back on while i get another one?

seems like an awfully cruddy reason to keep the car down for weeks until a part comes

:(

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
jj94auto said:
does the rod have to be replaced or can it be put back on while i get another one?

seems like an awfully cruddy reason to keep the car down for weeks until a part comes

:(
You can pop it back on and it should hold for a while. But, once it pops it can't stop. ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ERIKbronx said:
You can pop it back on and it should hold for a while. But, once it pops it can't stop. ;)

LOOOOOOOL that put a smile on my face this morning.

I sense JB weld coming on if applicable.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
jj94auto said:
LOOOOOOOL that put a smile on my face this morning.

I sense JB weld coming on if applicable.

Nah no jb weld. Its only two metal bars with platic ends. Like a ball joint. They are worn when they pop off, so if it starts snowing, the ball joints will pop off from the added torque.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ERIKbronx said:
Nah no jb weld. Its only two metal bars with platic ends. Like a ball joint. They are worn when they pop off, so if it starts snowing, the ball joints will pop off from the added torque.
ahh so the part would still require movement and jb weld would stop it from moving, or it would just "stop" the jb weld.....

Snow??? shoot you must be luckier than me. Global warming :*(

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ERIKbronx said:
Yea, it requires movement. Snow, heck no... thank god!
What do you mean heck no, Thank God. :cheese: I love that stuff. It is holding half my beater car together. I'll bet you it holds my cowl together to. :shhh:

Once it pops it never stops, man things have been so bad for my family, but when I read that I don't think I have stopped laughing. :smile:

So I took the cowl off and I looked in there and sure enough the passenger side rod is not connected to the middle part. I just POPPPED it back on, but it is not held by any force.

So I guess I need to order another one. Undecided on whether or not I want to put it back together or wait for the new parts to come...or what I should ask for.

Pop Rocks? :smile:

Thanks for all the help man.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Time for the easiest BTCC Primera touring car mod! :p

While waiting for your new rod to arrive, you can remove the driver's side wiper AND then adust the angle of the pass. side wiper arm so it covers the entire windshield.

Voila!.... instant uni-wiper (ala Mercedes E-class, ala VW Scirocco, ala Subaru XT Coupe)

Ask me how I know :nervous:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DonSwier said:
Time for the easiest BTCC Primera touring car mod! :p

While waiting for your new rod to arrive, you can remove the driver's side wiper AND then adust the angle of the pass. side wiper arm so it covers the entire windshield.

Voila!.... instant uni-wiper (ala Mercedes E-class, ala VW Scirocco, ala Subaru XT Coupe)

Ask me how I know :nervous:

hehe I did that on my beater car when that area rusted through....good old jb and some brackets fixed up the rusted area lol :pirate:

has been good for 2 years

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool ordered this morning

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all ordered up from Justin today...thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when i take it out ill try to remember to get a picture......

·
Registered
210 Posts
same thing happened to me today... but I think there's more to it... The little thing where you screw the wiper doesn't turn right anymore... turns more like an egg or something.. (if you know what I mean! loool) I've tried to put it back on but it wont hold.... fuckin sucks that it happens in winter fuck! :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts