Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone have the wiring diagram to connect the 95-97 SE-R JWT ecu to a 2000+ car?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think b-b00gie have the diagram but I think he's also working behind closed door on this hardness rewiring :)

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Well, there is a few people working to figure out the wiring. Hopefully someone tries it soon.

JWT has successfully done the rewiring on a 2000 Sentra which is known as "the Disco Potato". Forget about calling them for the information.

If you try, they will tell you that "we didnt make any notes on all the rewiring, so we really dont have a list or any records at all on the rewiring".

All I have to say is, my a$$.

They spent god knows how long rewiring the car. This information could bring hundreds and hundreds of additional customers to them. Customers that right now would like a JWT ECU in their 2000+ vehicle. Yet JWT says they dont have the information? They document everything they do, yet this *MAJOR* thing they didnt? :rolleyes:

BTW, Nissan of America owns the "Disco Potato", so that may be one of the rea$ons. :angry:

I wish they would quit playing dumb. It would make a lot of people happy.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
b-b00gie said:
BTW, Nissan of America owns the "Disco Potato", so that may be one of the rea$ons. :angry:
I think you migt be on to something here. Probably some sort of liability issue or something.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, this is really sucks that a large community like this one still have to impatiently wait for this ECU thingie. A different perspective will surely surface from the horizon of this ECU problems. I don't know what they are waiting for.......

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, Nissan of America owns the "Disco Potato", so that may be one of the rea$ons.
see wat power and money does to you =) ahhh :-\ guess i have to wait...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Let me add my 2 cents here because well I am awake and its 5am.

If you guys really want I may be able to get the wiring diagram from them but we have pretty much figured it out already anyway.

There are a few issues though.

1. At least on the b15's it appears that Nissan in their infinate wisdom decided to change the wiring harness slightly halfway through the 2000 model year. It appears with the 2000+ P11's that is not the case but we aren't positive yet.

2. The conversion on the disco potato was done on a SE non performance package model. That means it didn't come with the NVIS or IVIS which is the ignition kill for the coded keys. We are under the impression that once we take the stock ecu out of the loop that system will be completly disabled. It is my theory that the module in the igniton area is just a sender and not the actually brains of the system. That theory has yet to be tested yet though.

3. The actual harness is the next issue. You guys are lucky with your p11's because they left the ecu in the lower center console. On the b15s it is in the engine bay. See here. As for the harness connector you will be left with a few choices. Any b14 harness connector should work along with the p10 OBD II cars as well. Here is where your choice lies... you can either repin the connector or if you are given enough slack with the wires you can cut and splice them all. We have found both the b15/2k+ P11 connectors along with the b14 connectors in the Amp/Tyco catalog but they want us to order them in fairly large numbers (100+). There also appears to be a 12+ week build time on the b15/2k+P11 connectors. We were hoping we could build harnesses so it would be plug and play but that does not appear to be the case. Plus for the next reasons I am about to outline below it won't really matter.

4. In order to run the b14 ecu you are going to need to change some sensors as well. You will have to change to the b14 front O2 sensor. You can have JWT eliminate the rear one so you won't have to worry about it. I believe the Idle air control will also have to be changed or at least slightly hacked. I also want to say that the TPS may have to be changed but I am not positve on that. Then there is the issue with the maf. Instead of flow testing the b15 sr20 one for the disco potato, which I am guessing is the same for the 2k+p11, they used a cobra maf. So no one has flow tested that yet. Although it is the same as the 00-01 Maxima which jwt also doens't have a program for. So you will have to switch over to a b14/b13/gtir/cobra maf which they have programs for.

All and all this ecu upgrade is only worthwhile to people running high shots of nos or turbos. This is for a few reasons. I don't know if they have a program for the injectors on our cars or not. I can have doublecheck that. They are the same as the 00-01 Maxima and the 3.5liter Pathfinder. Also from some discussions about the valvetrain it appears the roller rockers can only reliabily rev to 7k or so. If you rev to higher than that on a regular basis you will significantly shorten the life of the valve springs.

So if you are staying N/A 300rpm rev limit raise and maybe a few hp gain doesn't become worth it for the $$ invested and the time of switching everything.

For a turbo car this becomes a neccesity though.

If anyone has any questions fire away, I will try my best to answer them and not as long winded maybe. ;)

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
although long and im still up (3am), thank you david and brian for explaining this all. i recently just found out from the se-r mailing list that you 2 are working on getting it to work on the new b15/p11s.

thanks for so much info, i will study this surely! =)

·
Registered
424 Posts
It looks to me that the ECU upgrade is so cumbersome and I don't think it's worth it, unless, like David said, you need it for NOS and Turbo. But it will be definitely nice to know if it is readily available.

I didn't know the roller rocker cam has a realiability issue beyond 7K rpm! How is this going to be good with a turbo application, especially with an ECU that increases the rev limiter?!

·
Registered
39 Posts
G-loads said:

I didn't know the roller rocker cam has a realiability issue beyond 7K rpm! How is this going to be good with a turbo application, especially with an ECU that increases the rev limiter?!
No one has really commented on it before. Everyone has just assumed roller rockers should be better. But that is only the case if they use good springs. I have had my motor up to around 7800 before on 2 occasions and it is still running but it definatly is just not something to do on a regular basis.

Most turbos run out of steam somewhere around 7k anyway so having a rev limiter there will be good.

JWT can set the rev limiter anywhere you want. 7800 is just the default on most ecus. They can set it for anything you want.

·
Registered
424 Posts
No one has really commented on it before. Everyone has just assumed roller rockers should be better. But that is only the case if they use good springs. I have had my motor up to around 7800 before on 2 occasions and it is still running but it definatly is just not something to do on a regular basis.
Right, at the expense of a stiffer valve spring.

Thanks for the insights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts