Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the mirrors and the seats already come wired for heated. Just gotta plug them in?

Can anyone confirm this and if they can....how is it done?

I have a p11

2002 G20 Sport
35% tint all around
Cleared Blinkers and Side Repeaters
Chrome Lisence Plate Holder
Blacked Front Side Marker
HID Headlights
Hyper White: Map Lights, Fog Lights, Clearance Lights, Backup Lights, Licenseplate Light, Trunk Light, Dome Light, Blinkers, Side Repeater
WW Front Lip

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
No. This is an absolute myth.

Back in the AF days there were a few people who swore that they were wired, I offered to pay them $100 each if they were correct. Never heard back. ;)

Your seats either come with heaters or they dont.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
but lets say for arguments sake. Are the cars prewired for seat heaters? I actually havent looked. or do you have to wire them in from scratch

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
they definetly need to be wired from scratch

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Yahnozha said:
but lets say for arguments sake. Are the cars prewired for seat heaters? I actually havent looked. or do you have to wire them in from scratch
Nope. There is nothing there for the heaters.

Either your seats were assembled with heaters from the factory or they weren't. The only wiring which goes to the seats is for the airbags in both seats, and the power and seatbelt wiring for the driver's seat.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shiet....damnit

Well I thought I could get out of it the cheap way but I guess I can't.

How about the side view mirrors???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chekmi21 said:
Shiet....damnit

Well I thought I could get out of it the cheap way but I guess I can't.

How about the side view mirrors???

=======

That implies that you might know of a place that can make the seats heated for more $ that having them already wired. Was I right?

I asked the same Q a month ago. It seems like an aftermarket place could do it easily...the switch locations are already there!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'd entertain the idea of trading someone the non-heated sport seats for my heated 99 seats. Of course we can swap all the wiring over and everything. I'll be in the Northwest area after this weekend. ;)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: you know...

Chris said:
I really only find the heated seats useful in my convertible.. because in any other car, by the time the heated seats warm up, the rest of the car is toasty warm too.. so what's the point anyway?
You know I don't really find them all that useful either. :-\ I think my body heat warms the seat up before the elements do. Then I just get this uncomfortable warmth under my ass and turn them off. My fiance likes them however. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I live in Boston and it gets hella cold here...plus I ski so ... after skiing sitting on a nice and toasty seats feels good. I had a pathfinder before my g20 and those heated seats took like a minute or two to heat up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.