Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i noticed when it rained and such my windshield wipers were not cleanly wiping the front window. So anyways i replaced the wipers and still just in some spots its kinda rough. I am assuming over time it got hit with pebbles and sand and grit and when i run my hand over the area where i believe its rough i can feel a texture. It's not sticky or anything and i cant clean it with anything. Its like from everyday wear or something anyways i was wondering if there was a product to help get rid of this annoying deviance on the windshield. I heard some places can use acid? to make it smooth again? i was like wth that aint right but anyways no place around here has any kind of service to do that. Is there some kind of product which will fix this for me? I checked places like canadian tire and they have bug remover and crap like that but i dont think that's the problem i have. Any help would be appreciated thanks again G20.net!!!

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts

"Rain X Glass Treatment seals the microscopic pores of glass with a super slick, non stick invisible barrier that repels rain, sleet, and snow on contact. Rain-X also makes for easy removal of frost, ice, salt, mud, and bugs. Rain X Anti-Fog ends fogging, misting, and steaming of interior glass, plastic, and mirrors. Bonus pack includes one 7 oz. Rain-X Glass Treatment and one 3.5 oz. Rain-X Anti-Fog."

You apply it like wax, but for your windows. Any car store will sell it

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually i have seen this stuff but wasnt sure if this was gonna do the trick with my problem. I guess it wouldnt hurt to try.

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
I guess I should have read your entire post. That stuff won't really help you clean it off, it just beads the rain, so you can see better. Try getting some box cutter blades to scrape it off (you can't scratch the windshield with them)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ho boy hahaha ok blades? (me and blades aren't friends lol) haha ok if this means i gotta scrape away at this stuff then its gonna take me a while considering this is even gonna fix the problem. Joy... lol thx for your help tho. hmm wondering tho has anyone else had this problem and tried the box cutter blade method to correct it? does it work? lol (box cutter blade method) sounds like a crazy kung fu move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts