Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a A/T > M/T is spendy, and timely, etc. i was wondering though, is it possible to set up a sort of tiptronics setup? i mean is there a switch somewhere that tells it to shift that you can wire into and give it the option to let you shift? granted its still as lame to drive as tiptronics, but its better than A/T.
any ideas?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Maybe, Level 10 does do shift kits... There was going to be a groub buy at some point but it fell through... The question is if they have a kit set up for the RE4F03A/3V...

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well getting a new car is outta the question, along with the swap... so im just trying to figure out options that could help out. does a shift point calibrator just let you choose where it shifts? if so, what are opinions on doing this? it would allow it to be a little more like a manual tranny just because it could shift higher

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
what about shift point calibrators? how effective would that be in stopping the car from shifting so low
Those could work but as we have both a TCU and an ECU, it would need to jive well with both. I have not seen a shift point kit on a Nissan but on ford trucks, depending on the set up, one can get it to shift an any point.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i disagree. for performance, AT is obviously lacking. however, todays tranny's are so smooth shifting both ways that its hard to complain. plus, my leg gets tired in the morning traffic rush. but i wouldnt trade my p10 5 spd. for any other car (right now).

·
Registered
20,794 Posts
deftapcubus said:
The cost of doing that would probably take it right around if not past the cost of a 5spd swap. In other words, go 5 speed or deal with what you got.
Depends on how much your time is worth to you. Easily over a grand to come up with a little circuit to do it.

I've thought about it. Then I did a engine swap last weekend and found out where the AT controller is. What a pain to get to.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trbobrk said:
Depends on how much your time is worth to you. Easily over a grand to come up with a little circuit to do it.

I've thought about it. Then I did a engine swap last weekend and found out where the AT controller is. What a pain to get to.
is it? god id love to be able to shift for little $$... haha
if only

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
LEvel 10 does make some awesome trannies, but it'll cost more then a manual swap would go for.
I was thinking about the same thing, driving up and down Houston is a pain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts