Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
the gti-r comes from the pulsar and u can use that engine. u can also use the engine from the bluebird. both are awd.
im not a turbo guru so just search on this board or the AF board and u find the info u need.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
digital_g20 said:
Would the S15 Silvia sr20det with 250hp fit in a G?
If you want to just drop it in, Viet is right it won't work! Get the BB or GTi-R

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's rear wheel drive so it would be a real lot of $$$. Lots of work needed to convert the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
digital_g20 said:
but the gti-r sr20det is awd and everybody says that engine works.
There is no such thing as a FWD SR20DET. They are all either AWD or RWD. We can use the AWD engines. We can't use the RWD engines.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
that's not true

sorry to tell you this but the blue bird is FWD, it is the same as the altima here in the us but it has a different engine overseas (sr20det). it is not AWD, which is why it works perfectly with the G20. if more horespower from it is what you are looking for, you can use a 3" downpipe, and exhaust and a bigger intercooler, so that you can up the stock boost of the turbo. you should be able to get 275 hp and still be safe without upgrading the stock internals

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Uh, get your facts straight

P10 WRC said:
sorry to tell you this but the blue bird is FWD, it is the same as the altima here in the us but it has a different engine overseas (sr20det). it is not AWD, which is why it works perfectly with the G20. if more horespower from it is what you are looking for, you can use a 3" downpipe, and exhaust and a bigger intercooler, so that you can up the stock boost of the turbo. you should be able to get 275 hp and still be safe without upgrading the stock internals
Sorry to tell you this but you don't know what you're talking about.

The Bluebird is indeed FWD, but the Bluebird SSS is the only model that comes with the DET and it is AWD. It is also available with the SR20DE, but again, AWD. There is a FWD Bluebird SSS available in Australia, but it only comes with the SR20DE, not the SR20DET.

Then there is the fact that my Bluebird SSS SR20DET came with an AWD slushbox, as has many other folks.

Also, you can get entirely more output than 275 hp from stock internals. Folks have laid down over 400 hp to the wheels with F-Max turbo set-ups installed on stock internal SR20DEs.

You cannot get 275 reliable hp out of a BB DET without changing the turbo (and thus manifold), injectors, and MAF (I may be forgetting some things - I'm sure others will chime in if I have). You *might* get that much hp without changing the turbo, but the compressor outlet temps will be starting to get dangerously high. Kind of stupid actually, although I'm sure there is some moron doing this. You might be able to get that by increasing the fuel pressure and not changing the injectors, but again, that is monkey tuning and you wouldn't catch me doing it. The MAF I assure you will need to be replaced at this hp level.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Re: Uh, get your facts straight

Geo said:

Sorry to tell you this but you don't know what you're talking about.

The Bluebird is indeed FWD, but the Bluebird SSS is the only model that comes with the DET and it is AWD. It is also available with the SR20DE, but again, AWD. There is a FWD Bluebird SSS available in Australia, but it only comes with the SR20DE, not the SR20DET.

Then there is the fact that my Bluebird SSS SR20DET came with an AWD slushbox, as has many other folks.

You may also want to check out Sport Compact Car's December 2000 issue in which Geo wrote an article on his P10 which features a Bluebird SR20DET swap.

Just to add, there are 4 cars which come with SR20DET's.

• Rear wheel drive Nissan Silvia
  • All wheel drive Nissan Bluebird
  • All wheel drive Nissan Avenir
  • All wheel drive Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts