Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Bought a new rearside-coolanthose and installed it because when in the car it's a PITA to change:

Bolted the thermostat-housing and coolantpipes back in place, fitted a new OEM thermostat:

Re-routed the throttlebody-heater hoses so the trottleboday won't heat up because of coolant flowing trough it:

Put the oilfilterhousing back in place:

And i've put the header back on with a Cometic MLS gasket:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Removing all unwanted wiring...

Mounted the Catcams and timing chain.

Bolting everything back in place...

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
nice GSPec pulleys! i still can't believe how clean your living room engine is!

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Dutch people are tidy....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Love the progress and that she now runs, when is the first planned outing for the track weapon?

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
It runs he took it to the track also but there might be a problem with the headgasket and some sparkplugs were in very bad state, overheating might be the cause. Wout will probably tell the rest....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It's been a while... :shifty:

Anyway, haedgasket didn't seal properly. Took the VET-gasket and ARP studs out. Put in OEM DE-gasket and OEM headbolts. Perfect! No issues so far.

Took the car of the road to make it a proper racecar. Currently it's at a shop to get a FIA rollcage fitted:

Next weekend it's back in my garage to be build up again, to get it ready for Dutch Time Attack Championship :)

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
NICE! That cage looks proper.

VET head gaskets and ARP head studs do not get along. ARP head studs for SR20s are junk in general. Sorry you had to find out the hard way. :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Well, at least i found out without killing a complete engine. 2 days and some money and she was good to go! :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
nice work man. glad to see people still using these cars.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts