Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..the catch is I want to spend as little as possible

..this will be my track car so I have a budget in mind

I have to take into consideration what I have to ADD to make it trackable (suspension, brakes, seats, etc.) vs. what I can get for sale of other stuff like interior (which will get gutted)

...so whatcha guys got?

oh yeah.. the more done toward road race duty, the better!! prothane motor mounts a HUGE plus.. as is proper suspension, brake upgrades, race seat, cage, etc.

BUT must be street legal! (be able to have plates, working lights.. not necessary to pass smog test due to illinios state loophole for race cars though)

PREFER NOT to have a sunroof (#1 choice is NO SUNROOF) so I'll give preferance to those cars.

I have until April next year to find a car so I have time to find the right one!

Location helps but I realize I'll most likely be flying to LA or AZ to get a rustfree example!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might not want to get a sr20det equipped vehicle. THe trannies don't like the torque. Your going to be basically waiting for the tranny to blow up in a road race situation.

If you stick with the sr20de or sr20ve you'll have less to worry about.

If your dead set on a sr20det, I suggest you look into a 2000-2001 Sentra SE with the lsd trans, a 2000-2002 G20t, or a S13 or s14.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts