Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys (and gals)

We decided to start the official 'hunt' for our next G20 (it will become another track beastie eventually)

I'm guessing this 'hunt' could be something that takes many months (possibly even years).

We are not going to make any exceptions for a car with a sunroof (Absolutely NO sunroof).

There will also be no exceptions made for ANY rust. Must be 100% rust free (if the car has lived in the rust belt at all, we will not be interested)

It also needs to be Manual trans and prefer something that has been unmolested with the original engine and trans in place (just seen too much scary work on replacement engine and even trans swaps)

I put down 1991 but if a perfect 92 presents itself, that will also be considered. (nothing newer than 1992 will be considered)

I'm unemployed right now so it would allow me time to go just about anywhere in the country where I can use a free flight where AA flys (I have enough mileage for a 1-way flight on AA within the conti usa)

^ so whatever it is, wherever it is, it needs to be reliable enough to drive across the country because driving our truck and trailer to pick up will be too cost prohibitive (I'm unemployed right now so overall cost is going to be a big consideration on this).

What else?

- any color considered but if in Phoenix, white or silver more preferred so paint won't be as sunburnt
- no major crashes (must be straight and true where it counts) -- small parking lot type dings and dents are not a problem though
- No salvage titles (I plan to drive it here in Illinois and salvage titles are a no-no)
- rebuilt title is okay IF it wasn't a flood car and can be proven it was a small enough accident with correct repairs done
- ripped up crappy interior is okay (cracked dash okay too)
- no 5th gear pop out (don't want to drive across country screaming in 4th gear)
- A/C not working is okay
- have working cruise control (even our former track g20 had working cruise control)
- cracked windshield is okay as long as I can drive her home with clear visibility
- 100% stock with no wing, aftermarket bumper covers, splitters or other mods most sought after (I will not put a higher value on cosmetic mods as it will actually have me NOT want instead)

That is about all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
sounds like you want my 91 P10... but i'm not sure i want to sell it anymore :)

all OEM parts on it, replaced engine (still a high port) and newer 95 Trans. No sunroof, base, cloth, no options, stupid light... but i'm sure i would want more for it than you would want to pay. But it is rust free.. These do turn up time to time out here with blown engine for $300-500

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
^ not looking for a show-car but p10s that are $300-$500 probably too trashed for what we want as well. (looked at quiet a few of those while in phoenix actually and know to stay away from those now)

We need something that can be driven home actually and are not able to do major work like an engine swap at my parents place in Sun City (not allowed)

...in Summary, I certainly don't expect to pay $500 nor do I expect to pay $5000.. haha

·
Registered
357 Posts
yea pretty freakin nice ive never seen a p10 posted with such low miles but it is pricey...im just wondering you say nothing newer then 92 whats different from the 92 to 93 and 93.5 that you wouldnt want to turn into a race car? im just wondering because i have a 93 that i plan on makin my race car (just autocross though) i mean their all obd1, mine is cloth with no sunroof i know seat belts are different but not much else maybe manual windows on the 91 and 92?
but ill keep looking a lot of p10's out here have no sunroof and cloth

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With NASA, the 91 and 92 is in it's own category and the 93 through 02 is in a different category so it is very much a weight thing between the different classifications with NASA for us. I think NASA just lumped the 93 with the OBD2 because it was a bastard year to make it easier for them to categorize them although I don't totally understand why the p11 is lumped together with the p10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.