Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i konw some of you have it like g20 sport 2002 i wanna get one. Where can i get one and how much/

·
Registered
644 Posts
They don't make em' or at least I haven't been able to find a site or store that does... instead its gotta be custom made either by yourself or a pro. I had a thread up before and got replies to search at the sr20de and se-r sites. There I found a few pages on how to chrome it out yourself and it really doesn't look easy! Your best bet would be to get a spare and work on it little by little when you have time.

The nissan tech at my dealership also told me that chrome VC's aren't always good for performance b/c they tend to heat up the engine alot more but I'd still like to have one anyways! :lol: :) :p :evil:

·
Registered
49 Posts
i just busted out a dremel and pollished mine, took about 2 hours, looks pretty good too, if you want to know how just pm me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im in the proccess of typing up a DIY right now, Ill post soon

·
Registered
49 Posts
WHAT YOU WILL NEED (doing by hand)
1. 600 gritt sand paper
2. 1200 gritt sand paper
3. 1800 or 2000 gritt (the higher the number the better the turn out will be, I used 2000 and my valve cover looks like a mirror)
4. A wire brush
5. aluminum polish

(doing with neumatic or electric tools)
1. a dremel (makes the job take half the time) you could even use a air die grinder if you have one laying around or get one at a pawn shop for $25
2. a wire brush
5 a couple of rolock polishing disks (medium and fine) (you can get them at home depot for .59 cents over here. i used 10 of them
7 medium and 3 fine ( if you cant find any of these things pm me and ill try to get you some )
8. 2000 or 1800 grit sand paper make sure its wet/dry
6. some alluminum polish,,, like MOTHERS or EAGLE ONE works reall good
7. a half rack of beer

FIRST STEPS

what you need to do (the job should only take a few hours to do so just do it one day after work or something)
1. pull off your valve cover and cover all your engine internals with a cloth or something so no dirt gets in the valvetrain.
2. use the wire brush around all the lettering to start the shining proccess (the sand paper wont get between the gaps in the lettering so the wire brush works really well, you dont have too do a reall good job hear because this part is hardly noticable
3.now is the fun part, if you have die grinder or a dremel start using that with the medium disks until your VC has that brushed alluminum look (be sure to do it evenly or when your done it will look warped)
if your not using a dremel start sanding with the six hundred grit (have fun)
4. next move to ether the fine rolock disks or the 1200 girt sandpaper, this should give you some what of a shine, but not much
5. now switch to the 1800 or 2000 grit. the more you use this paper the better the VC will turn out when your done (spend some time on this step, its important)
6. after you think you have a nice even sanding job, give your cover a little rinse with the garden hose to get all the grit off
7. bust out the aluminum pollish and go to town (I used a makita buffer for this job, i just threw away the buffing pad when i was done
8. put your valve cover back on

i had to wait until i sobered up the next morning to see how good of a job I did. it looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
49 Posts
i dont have any pics of my car yet, i have a few rolls of film laying around that havent been developed yet. ill get it developed this weekend and post some pics then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts