Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I need both driver and passenger side axles. They have to be for a manual tranny non-LSD P10. The condition of the boots does not matter, but the axles have to be in good condition. No "clicking" axles please.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
10 Posts
CV axles

Because I'm trying to sell a set of CV axles, I did some research. up through 1992 the Manual and AT axles are the same part number, most dealers. '93-96 they start being different. What the diff is, I'm not sure. I had a '93 manual trans in my '92 for a while (it had a case of 5th gear popout, so I got anopther one). The '92 CV axles fit real nice in the '93 trans.

After '96 there is another change and I'm not sure what that all entails.

good luck

jn

"Thursday"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Didn't they change the auto transmission in P10s in 1993?

Lol, I just read on ConsumerGuide.com to see if there were any charted changes, and I found this:

"Transmission noise: If the automatic transmission chirps when shifting from second to third, a redesigned input shaft and high clutch assembly with an improved friction material should eliminate the problem. (1991)"

Lol, I want an auto tranny that chirps 3rd! Why would you fix that? :D

I just talked to Justin and he said that all axles with a build date from 7/90 - 1/93 have the same part # for both sides. So, as long as the car it's coming from was built during that time, and it has its OEM axles, whether it's manual or automagic, you're fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts