Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told I need to replace the control arms on my car. I didn't know you couldn't replace the small parts and that I'd have to replace the whole assembly. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS! Thats exactly what it is but my mechanic said it seemed like the piece couldn't be replaced.

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
THANKS! Thats exactly what it is but my mechanic said it seemed like the piece couldn't be replaced.
Lower control arm bushings are indeed available but you have to look them up as Maxima.

UPPER control arm bushings are a different story... you have to go with superpro or custom DIY on that...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I think I'm just going to replace the bushings like Chris mentioned. Looking for the best place to get them and figure out how to replace them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the bushings? Can't find it. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
i have a wrtie up on doing them as well,.,,,

if ur reaplcein the bushings, might as weell upgrade to urethane...superpro ones work good

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I tried to have this fixed and was told it was the ball joints that needed to be replaced and after replacing them I still have the problem(I get a wobble like movement when it shifts into 2nd). Is the control arm bushings a different part? Sorry if I sound stupid but the mechanic made me feel dumb every time I mentioned "control arm bushings". Any help will be appreciated..

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Wobble as in the steering wheel jerks? There is the upper link which we call the upper control arm sometimes. That has bushings that go.

If your mechanic makes you feel stupid tell him to STFU and then go somewhere else. You're putting food on his table not the other way around.

Jack the car up and check for wheel wobble too. You should be able to tell if your tie rods and wheel bearings are good this way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wobble as in the steering wheel jerks? There is the upper link which we call the upper control arm sometimes. That has bushings that go.

If your mechanic makes you feel stupid tell him to STFU and then go somewhere else. You're putting food on his table not the other way around.

Jack the car up and check for wheel wobble too. You should be able to tell if your tie rods and wheel bearings are good this way.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks. I'm going to get it on a lift later this week and see if that's the case.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Would you happen to know the name of the bushings for the upper control arm? Coming up short whenever I call part stores.

Also the control arm bushings from Autozone don't seem to be available anymore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lower control arm bushings are indeed available but you have to look them up as Maxima.

UPPER control arm bushings are a different story... you have to go with superpro or custom DIY on that...
Sorry to ask so late, but which year Maxima and where can I get the Superpros?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts