Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have finally decided to get rid of the automatic and upgrade to the manual. I need the parts to do this so if anyone has extra pieces for an auto to manual swap for the P10 I would like to purchase them from you or if you know of anyone with the stuff I need please ask if they would like to sell it. Thanks for all you help guys. I will be updating this when I begin to purchase what I need so as not to have people trying to sell me stuff I dont need anymore.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bump for this guY! he hates that auto! Im gonna check some local junk yards dude, we need to find all the used auto parts palces and all that stuff..

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
BeyondRiddIck said:
I have a 2000 LSD 5 speed transmission and ALL associated parts you need to do the swap and I'm located in FL, so you wont have to worry about shipping if you pick it up. LMK
-Dan
I kinda shure the the x-member will not fit. but then agian im not shure... Maybe somebody can clue me in, He has a p10 and will p11 x-member and mounts work? and I thought he cant use it becasue its a hydro clutch and p10s are cable, and cable would be much simpler to install.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
yes you can switch the 2000 trans to cable. Might i ad that this trans is really beastly will take more abuse than most can dish out. ,

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
the advantage . is their is no advantage. The p10 came factory with a cable and all fits. I supose you could convert it to hydro. but not yet sure what you will run into.
I was thinking about makeing my p10 ydo clutch before but never got to look at the parts to determin fitment

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I am headed to miami on wednesday to pick up a shell car. Its rusted and all but the parts I need from it are in good condition. It looks like I will be needing (after all is parted off of this car) just the LSD transmission and the LSD drive axels. If anyone has these please either post here or PM me
Thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am in the middle of doing a P10 swap and I have found that the LSD trannies(800 and up with no guarantee) were a little steep for me. I went down to a junkyard and got a non-lsd tranny and rebuilt it with a 5th gear pop-out kit and a JGY LSD. Less than half the price of a factory LSD with all the performance! Check Phantom Grip's website for data on this type of LSD. Their's is very similiar to JGY's. Also, if you do this, it is my understanding that you will not need a different axle. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
jgycustoms.com ... i bought my transmission from them with an aftermarket lsd for $600. it came out to $700 shipped to tampa

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright guys...I have found and bought a 1992 G20. Its mainly a parts car and it came with everything I needed for the swap except the drivers axles and the transmission. So that is what I am going to need. Please if anyone has this stuff and is willing to sell for a good price shipped then post here or PM me. I would really like to get this swap underway with and finished during my Christmas Break

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay I have just bought a 92 SE-R transmission and its on its way soon...all I need now are the drive axles for LSD and the front plate tranny mount so I can bolt it to the front mount on the cross member...please guys good prices and good quality are a must...thanks again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts