Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something to get off my chest! :angry:

I've read countless reviews of the P11 G20 and something that comes up again and again is the 'bland' looks! WTF? I guess thoes guys walking around my car saying "damn! what the hell is this?" means that it's not eye catching? The guy at the gas station asking me what I was driving because it looked like a BMW hit a Merc but he couldn't recognize the car was because he thought it was 'invisible'?

I've turned more heads in my G20 than I care to count. It has a classic look that everyone seems to like. I just don't get what these reviewers are thinking. :confused:

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
style views

it often seems reviews say some strange things.. but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I have to admit, I had to let the G20 grow on me and now I like it (and of course, own one)... BUT when I first saw it, my 1st reaction was that it was a pretty bland looking sedan... many months went by and my Celica was getting to me and then I saw a Maui Blue G20 and rethought my 1st reaction... then I saw a P10 G20 that was red and thought it also looked pretty good... I wondered why I thought it looked so bland at first and now, suddenly, it looked more unique and stylish.. go figure... it took about 11 months to grow on me and now I'm very proud to own one of these cars!

·
Registered
380 Posts
people always say my car is nice and classy and people think its a lexus. i dont know what those reviewers are looking at because i think and a lot of people tell me the p11 is NICE!!...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Bland looks huh .. lol...

I'm with J on this one... I can't count how many times people have looked and stared at my car. While I was getting my sound system installed, I had maybe 4-5 people ask about my car. I get the gas station thing as well, people stare in the parking lots. Hell, when I went to meet J and Dprotech .. I saw people walk by their cars parked in the front staring at them. Bland looks.. I'll show that person a bland looking by kicking him/her in the face! P10's and P11's 4 life!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
atomic-G said:
While I was getting my sound system installed, I had maybe 4-5 people ask about my car.
Lolz! :lol: I have the same thing happen both times I took my car in to the muffler shop!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I remember the first time my girl friend saw me in the G20 she said it didnt suit me at all. She said it looked like an old mans car or something of the sort. But now she says it suits me perfectly and cant see me driving anything else.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
hehe, people always ask me what kinda car i have, if they overhear me talking with someone about my car. When i tell them Infiniti they are always suprised... no one thinks of an Infiniti as a car people mod, or race with. hehe, i just say Nissan Primera in the BTCC! That confuses them even more! =)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Whenever I go to get my oil changed, I can here people talking about my P11 while I wait. (All good BTW). They always try and figure out what kind of car it is, too.

Nobody ever says anything directly to me though. Maybe because they are embarrased by driving their 'modded' Cavaliers and Neons. =)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
G-Forces said:
Something to get off my chest! :angry:

I've read countless reviews of the P11 G20 and something that comes up again and again is the 'bland' looks! WTF? I guess thoes guys walking around my car saying "damn! what the hell is this?" means that it's not eye catching? The guy at the gas station asking me what I was driving because it looked like a BMW hit a Merc but he couldn't recognize the car was because he thought it was 'invisible'?

I've turned more heads in my G20 than I care to count. It has a classic look that everyone seems to like. I just don't get what these reviewers are thinking. :confused:

Damn I cant agree with you more, people have asked me what kind of car it is, and they respond with "thats an infiniti!" I dont think there is anything bland about the car it has its own looks. I love drivin by and people breakin there necks tryin to look at the car ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Alright i have a confession to make..i wasn't the biggest G20 fan before i got one. Seriously i didn't even know the G20 exist before my dad took me to the Infiniti Dealer while car shopping. I seriously thought the I30 was the smallest/cheapest infiniti out there and i was going to the infiniti dealer to check out the I30. While i was sitting in a I30 looking out the car and see the g20 on the other side of the showroom. i didn't know what it was but it had immidate sports appeal. I thought it was the fastest looking car i've ever seen. It just screamed fast when i saw it. It had the wind, rims, etc (it was the showroom infiniti so yea it was polished and was sparkling and had every option available) my dad saw it too and we both immediatley agreed that this car was unique. It had it's own thing going on and i loved that. God damn it how many FUCKIN IS 300s and Audi A4s do you see on the street. I see one at every corner here in LA. Well i bought the g20 10min after i saw it and yea it was the quickest, wierdest decision i ever made. When i came home that night with my g20 i went online and started reading reviews of what reviewers thought about the g20 and yea i almost started crying thinking i made a mistake. I heard "bland" "slow" "economy car" used a thousand times. I seriously felt like shit the whole night. The next morning i go driving to my friends and their jaws drop. they loved it and i knew they ment it cuz 2 of them bought g20s in december. yea it has 145hp but come on if ur not racing it then yea it's way more then enoug and it gets good mpg. My family love my car, my friends, people on the street and oh god don't let me even start at what happened when i parked my car by LAX (los angeles airport). Reviewers can kiss my ass. Just because a car doesn't have headlights the size of boulders doesn't mean it's bland and you know thats all they mean. Look at everysingle car out there that has good reviews and u will notice they all have big headlights. and by the way I drive an Auto G20 and i can kick a A4 1.8t's ass in a race (barely but it still counts) so i dont see why they complain about the g20's lack of power when the a4 should be on that list too.
peace

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nick I think you just summed it all up. ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought the P11 was stylish ever since it came out. After I got mine in 00, love it even more. I really dont get how the review judge the styling for the car. Some I can understand like Pontiac Aztek, weird, but the G is definitely not bland.

·
Registered
102 Posts
who gives a shit what the reviewers think they are probably all fat and old and dont know shit buot style cause they AINT got none. I agree with jason ppl are always looking twice at are G's i drove by a bunch of girls the other day and it was so funny because i seen them looking and then i drove by and they all turned there heads at the same time as i drove by. i picked this girls up at the bar the other night and i brought her out to my car, and the first thing she said was WOW nice car what is it...it's a G-Baby wanna go for a ride haahaaa... and need i say anymore.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts