Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not on their payroll or anything (oh but I wish I was) but their site is up. Upon browsing it, I find they have a lot of stuff for SR20DE and DETs, and lots of stuff for P10s too. They seem to handle mostly B13~B14 Sentras and P10s. Exhausts, custom intakes, front-mount intercoolers, etc. The site's not done yet, but it has me interested enough to go up there tomorrow morning to check out their shop. I'll post back on it later.

I wouldn't mind getting that custom $225 mandrel-bent cold air intake with a JWT POP.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I went up there this morning and only two guys were in, putting S3s and a JWT POP on a B14 Sentra. I tell 'em what I need; a mandrel-bent cold air intake, preferably with a JWT POP on the end.

First guy calls up their boss as guy number two pops my hood to see how to run the pipes. Notices my battery is smaller than OEM so he says he can run 3-inch pipe behind it, easy. :lol: First guy gets some estimates; $215 for the intake, $260 for one with a JWT POP, $250 or so if I just want the Hotshot CAI. Haha, I'm going for the JWT POP, I say. We'll run you 3-inch pipe and powdercoat it for you too, if you like.

Well I dunno about that, I say. It'd look hokey. :-\ Well we can get it your body color or any color you want. My car's gold, so I'd be okay with just a metal-looking pipe. I'm no show car. Yeah and you need to clean your engine bay too, says he. Your engine looks beat up.:-\ Yeah, well it is... I just got it out of the shop.

So when are you gonna do this? You should get an appointment, it'll take us half a day, blueprint your custom intake, then get it made. Come back a few days later and we'll get it on your car. Aight, I'm straight with that, I say. How about Tuesday? If all goes well, I'll be here around lunch. Aight, that's OK.

Hey, is that your car man.. the B13 Sentra? Yeah it's my car. Yeah I see you at the college every night when I go take auto class. Yeah, that's me, takin' networking. Aight, that's cool...it's a nice car. Yeah, doesn't look like much though. Hey man, it's just fine to me. Nah, not that fast yet; just got a turbo and nitrous. Oh. Sure. That's all. :cheeky: Jeez.... :rolleyes: !!!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Just a warning. sr20dev is getting a pretty bad rap on sr20deforums.com. I hope everything goes well for ya. Let us know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've heard of that. Well they still seemed to be pretty friendly and they look like they know wtf they're doing, but we'll see how it goes. I'll post here after they finish up the whole thing *crossed fingers* :paranoid:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Why have they been getting a bad rap. The site looks good and products look good. I don't have any experience. Just wondering really.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I contacted them about getting a Blue Bird sr20det swap in my G20 and they quoted me 5K +. I think that's awful high, I would think twice before going there, especially since I can get it done for 3K.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
3k for a BB DET swap!!!! Wow that's really good considering that BB DET's go in the low 2k's and a JWT ecu is over $500. I'm assuming you're doing the swap yourself and sticking with the top mount intercooler? :paranoid:

·
Registered
183 Posts
1.2k for the motor, .5k for the ecu, and 1.3 k for the labor and any parts I need. I will stick with the top mount IC and just get a hood scoop.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A hood scoop on a G20? I've heard of G20s with Pular GTiR hood scoops on 'em, but I'd imagine that looks really weird. I'd still get the front mount, cuz not only does it look better than a top mount, but it performs better too.

Anyways, I'm going up to SR20Development tomorrow to get my CAI blueprinted. But G-Forces, why are they getting a bad rep exactly?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
PDX-G20 said:
1.2k for the motor, .5k for the ecu, and 1.3 k for the labor and any parts I need. I will stick with the top mount IC and just get a hood scoop.
That's a really good price. The Silvias usually go for around $1.5k, i guess the price has come down on the BB motors. :-\ Well good luck and let us know how it goes.

FF Drifter said:
Anyways, I'm going up to SR20Development tomorrow to get my CAI blueprinted. But G-Forces, why are they getting a bad rep exactly?
You'll have to do the research yourself. I don't want to repeat anything here. But you can get it easily from www.sr20deforums.com. Just do a little search. There is both good and bad, but bad seems to get more attention, obviously.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks for the warning then. Anyways though, I did go up there today, but I got there kinda later than we had discussed so they were swamped with work *more B13s, a B14, etc.* We rescheduled to have it done next Friday. Anyways, I got to talk to some of the guys there and I learned that SR20Development works real closely with JimWolfTechnology *just another mile away, in fact* so they collaborate on a lot of projects. There's this real trust thing between the two companies, and the way I look at it: lotsa people trust JWT. JWT trust SR20Dev. But why SR20Dev have bad rep? Well... anyways, we'll see how my CAI comes along. More pointless updates coming up....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Anyways, I got to talk to some of the guys there and I learned that SR20Development works real closely with JimWolfTechnology
I think perhaps that's been over stated.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It probably is, but I think they'd work together out of convenience and simple proximity too. Example: when I asked JWT if they couldd install a POP for me if I bought one, they pointed me to SR20Dev, saying they'd be able to do it. And duh, SR20Dev gets all their ECUs from JWT, so it kinda goes both ways.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
It probably is, but I think they'd work together out of convenience and simple proximity too. Example: when I asked JWT if they couldd install a POP for me if I bought one, they pointed me to SR20Dev, saying they'd be able to do it. And duh, SR20Dev gets all their ECUs from JWT, so it kinda goes both ways.

Chris (owner of SR20Developments) and George Peters (used to work at JWT) are/were good friends. JWT is into R&D and sales, but not installations and such. They don't have the time or inclination for it. So, for people who need the mechanical stuff and installations done, it's really easy for JWT to send folks to SR20Dev.

My guess (and just a guess, but probably a good one) is that SR20Dev gets some limited help from JWT for special projects. That help is likely to be some technical info.

I doubt there is much help going the other direction.

Again, I don't know for certain, but I'll bet that is the situation based upon knowing the folks involved.

BTW, I'm not dissing SR20Dev, but don't want folks to get the wrong impression either.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your impression of things is pretty close to mine. I'd say that SR20Dev helps JWT by bringin' in a little extra business. They're goin' through ECUs, POPs and S3s all the time.

I'm not trying to really defend SR20Dev... I've still gotta see how good a job they do on my CAI and such like that. I'll reserve judgment until then.

Chris is the owner? I didn't know that. I was talking to him the whole time not knowing he was the owner. :-\ Hmmm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts