Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the net and found some differnt Xion systems, but they were like 700 bucks! Does anyone know anything about putting in xion lights or if there is a set for G's?:bandit:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
well...

I know for a fact that if you don't do everything right (relays, wiring, etc.) that you can fry your existing wires and really cause more than $700 in damage to your stock electrical system so if $700 is for a full kit to do it right, then it is a bargain in my opinion!

·
Registered
495 Posts
just buy some xenon bulbs off of ebay. it will cost around 22 dollars and it will take 5-10 minutes to put them in. if you do, make sure that you do not buy "Matrix" brand bulbs. buy some "Nokia" bulbs made by Hiper Industries

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate to tell you, but there is world of difference between new bulbs and getting a xion light kit. Have you ever riden/driven in a car with the new xion ligths (BMW, Acura, Infiniti, Benz)vs someone who has different bulbs in their headlamps(G20's Civics, Integras)...........its completely different.

·
Registered
520 Posts
First of all...its called "Xenon" HID headlights. And those bulbs are called Nokya.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mista McSpellchecker
:confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ha ha. That was a good one dawg. I like that. Has anyone ever tried the headlight and foglight bulbs made by Catz? I know they make good quality foglights.

·
Registered
495 Posts
the headlights made by Matrix are the worst i have ever used. the stock headlights on my dads '99 3000gt vr4 were better(brighter) than the aftermarket Matrix bulbs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xenon (like that better) HID

lite kits
Does anyone know anything about these kits?

·
Registered
495 Posts
make sure that they are the right kind to fit your car and make sure they are high and low beam. some companies sell them just in low beam and high is sold seperate. these look good but make sure they fit your car. these are HID's not Xenon. i would just buy some xenon bulbs and spend the money on something else. i like my xenon bulbs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i think we are both right because they have xenon gas in them instead of a fillament witch makes them HID but are still xenon. If you read the description on them, it makes more sense than i can.:asian: :alien:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put new headlight bulbs on my ride and they only cost $15 each. There made by Sylvania and called "cool blue". I found them at pep boys.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Im upgrading sometime this year to Philips 7000k PURPLE Xenon H.I.D. lights. Will go for $750 installed.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
bigj said:
make sure that they are the right kind to fit your car and make sure they are high and low beam. some companies sell them just in low beam and high is sold seperate. these look good but make sure they fit your car. these are HID's not Xenon. i would just buy some xenon bulbs and spend the money on something else. i like my xenon bulbs.
How do they have high and low beam??? There is no car in the U.S. that comes with the high and low......aftermarket maybe but not factory....the reasoning is that it takes time to "load" and would be ineffective unless you drive with high beams.........but with hid......you dont need high beams!
:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
495 Posts
you are correct. i know now that there is no high beam (at least on stock) because a guy i know has a s2000 and i just realized about 15 minutes ago that he has two HID's and two rugular bulbs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
H4 bulbs(P11) 9004(P10) are dual filament bulbs, so low and High beams are all done with 1 bulb on each headlights

Real HID kit(ballast, starter, xenon bulbs) is only low beam

·
Registered
863 Posts
TIZAO said:

How do they have high and low beam??? There is no car in the U.S. that comes with the high and low......aftermarket maybe but not factory....the reasoning is that it takes time to "load" and would be ineffective unless you drive with high beams.........but with hid......you dont need high beams!
:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:
Yes, there is an aftermarket kit with High and Low HID. How it works? for the low beam, there is something in front of the "bulb" that block the higher part of the light, when you hit the high beam, that "something" moves and allow the light to go a little higher.
Not a lot of diference, but I think it makes them "more legal" than the single beam HID.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Domiken said:
Im upgrading sometime this year to Philips 7000k PURPLE Xenon H.I.D. lights. Will go for $750 installed.
Uhmm, for that price, spend a little more (less than $200 more) and get the dualheadlights and them buy a simple HID kit. Your car will look nice with just a little more spent.

Check my avatar. You can't really notice the HID's on that little pic, but on real life, you won't miss it!!!!=)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes you can purchase after market HID kits with the hi and low beams. They use a mechanical shutter. And, you do need hi beams, even with HID xenons. Test drive some of the late models cars such as the Saab 9-5 with bi-xenon headlights. The hi beams definitely cast a longer beam than with the low beam xenons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts