Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive searched and read... and everyone seems to be in agreeance that these can be ahd from the dealer.... I guess I should call a diffrent dealer cause john and grubbs infiniti here in mid cities doesnt seem to show them. I dont know if hes new, or just doesnt know how to search right, but he says its a no go. I either need someone to come through with a part number, or maybe if you guys have extras that aretn stripped out like mine, you could psare them.

SO PLS HELP! thanks guys.

-Aaron

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i just ordered them from courtesy. I looked at a picture of a specv cross member and mounts, and they look identical. No i didnt hold them both in my hands and look, i just saw pics, so if i ust burned 15 bucks then oh well.

but if they work, then YEYAS we know what to buy when we strip em out.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
You should of just went down to a nice bolt/nut store and bought some.

Thats what I did, got them nice and zinc coated as well. But I had the bolt to begin with so that made it a bit easier. But i'm sure if you called up somebody that had it they could of given you the measurements.

Would of saved you a few bucks, i'm sure.

Gmac

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I thought of that, so I went down to a place called hiawatha fasteners, gave them the bolt and they match it with exactly what it is. This entire store is nothing but nuts, bolts, screws, etc. Every kind, every grade, every coating.

It'll be better than oem.

Gmac

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wouldnt use non-OEM bolts for the xmember. They are pretty unique and most certainly hardened.

Next time try a junkyard, or call Justin at EverythingG20.com

- Greg -

Or Greg V @ sr20forums. He told me the X-member bolts were only like $7 for both the front ones.

Chris

·
Registered
501 Posts
i dont think my after market bolts will ever break, but yes the oem mounts are unique, they are designed not only to keep the cross member up, but also to prevent it from shifting left and right.

ill pay any one to break my air craft quality bolt

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol ship me your bolts they will be broken and how much are you paying?? (i used to make aircraft quality bolts and have access to the machinery to break them lol.) so anyways one of my oem bolts is broke on the front and the guy left some of it in there.. best way to get this out so i can get a new one in?

·
Registered
501 Posts
a good stud remover, if not, a nice drill! lolol , if u damage the welded nut on top, ull most likely have to resort to a nut nd bolt, this is quite common on the se-rs

·
Registered
436 Posts
Might be a little late but I just ordered the cross-member bolts from EverythingG20 last week. They are 1.40 each.

Look under: Engine/Transaxle, Engine and Trans mounting, Trans C member, Mount Bolt

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes they are... oh and on everything g20 its diffrent for some odd reason from p10 to p11. shows the bolts on p11 not on p100 for some reason. But it shouldnt matter anyways. If the specv ones done end up working im going to shit. Im on like real short deadline with getting the project done cause im moving for school and start a new job in 2 weeks. DAYUM pls pls pls work specv bolts... other wise TO ACE I GO. (for now)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I wouldn't go to ace, i'm with Greg on the fact that you shouldn't just use any old bolt. Look around for a nut and bolt shop, fastener shop, something in the industrial area of your town. Hopefully you have something and they can replicate the bolt but in really high quality.

Gmac

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Any bolt the right size and length will really do. The cross member doesn't actually see any insurmountable stress on it. Sure it does, its a crossmember but good bolts at Home Depot or some place like that can hold that stress. Especially since there is more than 1 bolt also, it distributes the load. If you dont believe me we've been using HOme depot bolts on our S13 DRIFT CAR's tranny crossmemeber for a long time now and had no problems. So if its good for our DRIFT CAR! it should be good for your daily driver. And BTW if you're replacing the bolts cuz they're stripped, is that why? You should check to make sure where you're screwing the bolts into is not stripped also

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Did the SpecV ones work? I need all four crossmember bolts ASAP and I think there's a better chance of me finding SpecV ones than P10 ones locally...

Also, if anyone wants to give me the bolt size/thread pitch so that I can go to Lowe's and get some temporary bolts...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts