Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo i was just at the races here in Southern California and i saw a black g20 (stock) in Roxford Races and a black g20 with a stillen front end on glenoaks. So was anyone on this forum at the raecs? i think it might be wickedg20's g20 but i'm not sure.
pz
nik

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
THAT WAS ME! (Im the only one in California with stillen front end I think, the only one BLACK if not) It was my first time there actually and I loved it. I was at the Glenoaks one and saticoy/coldwater intersection as well. I wanted to participate but its not worth it with the pigs and all raiding everytime. Its crazy you gotta run your ass off when cops show up. Im gonna be there next saturday man maybe we can meet up or something. I was looking for G20's but didn't see anything? Were you in your 2002 G? I liked the place on saticoy and coldwater better. Did you see that RSX get his ass wiped every race he got in. What about that Bullet?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude i knew it was you....your the only black g20 in cali that has that front end. I saw your car in glenoaks parked in the corner it had the stillen front end.... and i saw another black g20 in roxford which is like 10min from glenoaks. Dude glenoaks is not crakin at all, roxford is the shit..if your interested i can give u directions to roxford if you want to go. There was a tight race M3 vs S4.. The s4 had the m3 off the line by a FULL CAR LENGHT but then the m3 hit third gear and it was over. THe m3 (stock) ended up beating the the s4 (stock except for chip) by half a car lenght. Anyways naw i didnt go in the g20... I was with a racing team that consisted of an RSX Type S (with aem intake) and a S2000. I switched off from one car to the other..naw i didnt see the type s lose? I only drove by glenoaks.

My friends type s killed a
rx-7
gti vr6 (2002 200hp)
gti 1.8t (downpipe, no cats, neuspeed chip)

and lost to an s2000

----
cool story to tell

At roxford, when the races get busted everyone goes to the Denny's parkinglot and stays there. Its like a safe place to be from the cops. Well anyways the cops busted the races at around 1 oclock and so me and my friends go to the parkinglot in two cars. The s2000 and the type s. Well once we get there we see a wrx so we all get out and try to check it out ..see if he did anymods to it. We saw this huge!!! exhaust comming out of it, and a shortshifter and hoodscoop and thats it. Well out of denny's comes a croup of 6 people. THey ask us whats up and if the s2000 is our ride and we're like yea. My friend ralph, (owner of the s2000)) was like do you race and the wrx guy was like yea but only for money.
everything gets interessting and all my friends huddle up and we tell the owner of the wrx we'll race you for 20$ and they started laughing and said 50$minimum. And we started getting scared thinking his wrx was modded so we tell him to open the front hood and there was nothing that we can see except for a blow off valve. We asked to see the trunk and again no signs of nos or anything. We never go to see the cabin but it was strange that he had so much confidence. We were like no 50 is too much cuz we were scared he was hiding something cuz the s2000 w/cold air which supposedly adds 22hp would kill a wrx with only an exhaust. The guy comes up to us and says he will give us a full car length if we raced for 50. THis scared us even more. And we started thinking about it but all we could come up with was 45 and the guy refused to race us.
Can you believe that? what the fuck was going on? what was he hiding?
anyone with any info i'm confused.
nick

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well did he have a manual/electronical boost controller? He probably raised boost or a redone ECU....there is still alot of things that could be done that you can't see....maybe he is also hiding a Fuel computer like a PowerFC or even a S-AFC....or better yet and hard to tell sometimes is UPGRADED TURBO!....did you see a downpipe? I wouldn't race anything without seeing it run first...you don't know what you are getting yourself into...or maybe you like the gamble....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yea he didnt even asked us what we did to our s2000. CAn u beleive that...he had to have been doing something. THe driver of the s2000 is seriously the best driver i've ever seen. He beat a well know rx7 3 times in a type s that only has a cai. Yea it was tight not knowing what he really had. The guy claimed he had nothing but thats probably bullshit. Next time i'm at the races i'll ask around to find out what he has...but whatever he had unless he was running low 13s he wouldn't of beaten the s2000. so yea thats scary.

·
Registered
562 Posts
s2000 does low 13s? I didn't know that....also he beat a RX7? what year? the FD or FC model? most likely a shitty driver if he was beat by a slightly modified RSX

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
i thought s2000's run high 13s to low 14s, car and driver tested it at 14.4 . and wat intake gave it 22hp?! s2000 s is a highly tuned car, few companies make parts for them and the ones that do costs alot and power gains are minimal. s2000 s arent wat theyre crakked out to be ;) my friends stock gsr with sum azenis beat a type s at the ontario races, theyre both fairly new drivesr ( as u noticed i didnt say crappy haha not good but not crappy). was it a fd or fc?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes....everyone I know but I haven't seen for myself...but a RSX isn't that much faster than a older GS-R....Waste of money IMO. S2000 waste of money also IMO. They both look good, dont' get me wrong....I mean I rarely see a RSX in so cali cuz its just too pricey and not worth it and same goes with the new SI hatch..

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
haha the new white si's literally look like eggs!! yummm eggs ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
hey myinfiniti, i put down any mount of money that he had no intentions to race you whatsoever. Yeah he lead you on saying he will only race for money, then you offer $20 and he says I race for $50 minumim. And he won't take $45, horsesh*t! Obviously he did indeed have just a stock WRX, I don't know what possible non-visible mod he could of had on there. Then he probably didn't bother to ask about your S2000 because he knew you would take him out, wether the s2000 is modded or not. He knew that both vehicles stock = S2000 victory.

anyways, my friends wanted to head out to Sylmar, im guessing thats where roxford is. Then one of the other guys are all like fuck Sylmar theres nothing their. Hahah then i told them you said their was shit going on their and they kicked the guys ass who said not to go sylmar.

I will be up at glenoaks on sat night, if you see my ride, feel free to come by and say wassup.

Peace

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Haha, I'll see you guys there. I've been meeting up at Roxford the past month but I went to Union this last weekend. There was a lot of heat in Glenoaks the last few times I went.

I roll with my brother so holla at me if you see a white FC Turbo and white P10. Any of you guys use FRS radios? ;)

Hey, I'd be careful when racing with money. You never know when they're BSing you or if they're for real. Before my friend's FC RX7 had his small nitrous bottle mounted in his front right fender. Had it piped in through the intake and no one saw it. No extra gauges and people thought it was just a stock T2. Beat a lot of fixed up cars and they knew something was up but they never found it...

...then again it could be like me at races last time. Some guy in a Lancer wanted to run me so he was checking out my P10. When he saw the Check Engine light on he was like,"The check engine light's on. Is that the stock engine or you got some 5hit done??" I said,"Well...I got a little something in there but don't worry about it," and I smiled at him. He was like,"Whaaa...nevermind then man..." I just need to replace my o2 Sensor. ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sup my friend's honda s2000 runs 14 flat stock and with the intake i heard it can run mid 13s if driven perfectly, he revs it to 7400 before take off for god sakes. I heard you get basically no gains wiht any boltons such as cai or headers untill vtech kicks in. Then it gives you crazy amount of hp. I've seen a dyno of a acura cl type s with headers only that gave it 30hp in vtech zone.

yea thats sounds cool..lets meet up in the races man.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yea about the type s...dude that fucker is fast if driven by a good driver.

My friend launches at 3000 rpms for the best takeoff and then shifts at 8400 which is 400 past redline!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
sup my friend's honda s2000 runs 14 flat stock and with the intake i heard it can run mid 13s if driven perfectly
S2000 can do mid 13s with only intake? .5 seconds off from 14 flat? That doesn't sound right....

he revs it to 7400 before take off for god sakes.
7400 RPM to launch??...sounds kinda high even with its 9,000 redline and RWD.

I've seen a dyno of a acura cl type s with headers only that gave it 30hp in vtech zone.
Who makes headers for this the Acura CL Type S? Never heard of headers making 30hp on a Japanese car..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was in the car with him myself when he was lauching at 7200-7400 in the s2000..he said he had to cuz thats when his vtech kicks in. Those people in road and track and those magazines ...launch at 0 thats why they get 14.1....intake does make a big difference in both the Acura rsx type s adn the honda s2000 cuz when vtech kicks in more air is allowed in engine and the intake helps like crazy

plus the guy thats driving is as good as it gets if ur in the area come to races and watch him

·
Registered
562 Posts
huh??? it still doesn't make sense...does it make sense to you other guys? I mean yeah Vtec is kewl but it shouldn't determine what RPM to launch....I know Vtec kicks in high RPM but once you launch wouldn't the RPM drop down below where Vtec starts anyways and therefore Vtec shuts off??? .thats what I think...How about the RSX...what does he launch at?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dude its 14.1 stock meaning the start the car at 0rpm while launching...if ur launchng at 7000k!!!!!!!! your going to eat away at the 14.1 to like 13.8 plus the intake which in vtech mode will give 20hp..I feel a huge tug when we added the intake on. So with that i'm guessing 13.6-13.5

i know nothing about the headers for the cl either..i just daw the dyno

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my friend launches at 4k in the type S ..and he ended up loosing against a gti 24v 200hp

when the owner of the s2000 drives my friend's type s he launches at 3400...and takes it all the way to 8300-8400 (redline is 8) this is a sick as driver...

·
Registered
562 Posts
hmm...I don't know much about S2000...but I thought no bolt on will give it much horsepower....I could be wrong...

The Type S....taking it to 400 past redline doesn't necessarily mean it makes the car faster...it could actually slow the car down because of the power curve....but hell I could be wrong again....

I'm just confused at how much horsepower an S2000 can make with only an intake...CAI or stack I don't care...and how it can launch at that high of RPM without losing alot of traction and time...

I could be wrong...I'm not a Honduh guy...more power to you if its true.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts