Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best mileage youve gotten with a P11?

I drove 260 miles on a 1/2 tank when i drove back to school and i was like WTF. Is this because i filled up my tires?? :shock:

·
Registered
978 Posts
The best I got was ~330miles on a tank, highway, auto too!
And yes, having the correct pressure in your tires will definitely help with mileage.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That works out to about 33 mpg. I have in the past got 32 mpg.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm sure the correct tire pressure gave you the boost.

I get about 31 MPG on average. Sometimes 32+ sometimes 29, depending on how many times I hit redline. I fill up after about 300 or so miles and have around 1/4 tank left. Got to almost 400 miles this weekend when the light came on.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I get about 320-330 till the gas light comes on...depends how I drive ;)..I need to replace my O2 sensor though..I think that's holding my MPG back.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Driving to Seattle I've gotten about 33-35. CC set about 79 most of the way.
Must be the Turbonator & Friction reduction mod. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
How does 41.5mpg sound to you!

My best mileage was during my trip :cruisin: to PA to go pick up a car in last summer (June '06). My average for the trip was a killer 6.8L/100km (~41.5mpg) :shock: The total trip covered 1,969 KM (1,223 mi). The overall average speed for the trip was 100 kph (= 62 mph = mach 0.08157128875 @ sea level). Another friend lent me his Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS to try out. Man, these things are cool! We drove 13 hrs the first day (8hrs to PA from Toronto, then another 5 hrs PA to Syracuse) spent the night, and finished the trip the next morning.

To date, my true overall gas mileage since I've had this car (Sept '04) is 9.3L/100 km (30.3 mpg)

For the record, I'm anal when it comes to track gas mileage! I've been tracking it ever since I got my first car, 13+ yrs ago. I've kept track of every drop of gas I put into my cars! Yeah I'm nuts! :zoinks:

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
MrFancypants said:
You cant accurately calculate fuel mileage on anything less than a full tank. The gas gauge is not accurate to estimate 1/2 tank.

I averaged around 27 mpg with 300+ whp ;)

- Greg -
You are correct! I don't fill up until I the 'empty' light starts glowing really red! My cheap way of getting a tan........well the left side of my face anyway! lol

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
For the P11 auto
27 for highway
23 for city
38 highest ever with a proper sample
18 lowest ever with a proper sample

Fuel pump failure is a P10 thing so I do not push it to when the tank is empty.

I do not keep good stats for the manual P10 but I would given an educated guess of:
30 for highway
26 for city
Lowest and highest not sure.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've gotten over 500 miles on a tank during highway driving at 75-80mph speeds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
got 400miles from SF to LA....
not sure if thats alot tho.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
davew7 said:
Driving to Seattle I've gotten about 33-35. CC set about 79 most of the way.
Must be the Turbonator & Friction reduction mod. :rolleyes:
what's a turbonator? is that the metal thing u put in the intake pipe?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Damn...

Mixed with city and freeway the best I got was, 23mpg.
Worst I ever got with city, freeway, and touge, 18mpg.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
For a P11
Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.9 gal.
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Manual: 23 mpg / 31 mpg Automatic: : 22 mpg / 28 mpg
Range in Miles: (City/Highway)
Automatic: 349.8 mi. / 445.2 mi. Manual: 365.7 mi. / 492.9 mi.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
I always average around 26/27, all city. Best ever I calculated 31... My calc.'s are always mileage/gallons filled. Always. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
ILikeMyRiceSpicy said:
Wow. And they make Prius's why?
For people who like to smell their own farts :D

The Prius is strictly an image car, sort of like the H2 but on the other end of the spectrum. The drivers want to be seen as people who are concerned with the environment. Those hybrids actually consume more lifetime energy then the average full sized SUV, believe it or not.

If they were really concerned about saving energy they would drive a 4cy diesel or very small displacement gas engine car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts